Sona

"When the rhythmic music starts to play, dance with me, make me sway," Chaeryeong sang in English.

Yuna tuned her out. Her tears fell to the floor in a steady stream.

"Please don't cry," Soyeon begged. "This isn't the end."

"It is for us."

"Of our relationship, yes." Soyeon took the girl's hand. "But not of our friendship."

"I don't want to let go," Yuna sniffled.

"I don't either. But we both knew this wasn't going to last forever. You were the best girlfriend I could've possibly asked for." Soyeon pulled the girl closer for a hug. "You knew I slept with others but you said if I was honest you didn't care. You were supportive when I told you I was pregnant and cried with me when it was a miscarriage. We were competing against each other yet you still helped me practice. I'll always love you, Yuna. But it's time to let go."

"Why?" Yuna asked quietly. "If this is the end, I want an explanation."

"We both need to focus on our careers," Soyeon said gently. "You're beginning to become really successful, and we're about to go on a world tour. We'll always be friends though."

Yuna cried into Soyeon's neck. Soyeon just held her as she rubbed her back soothingly.

Her heart was breaking to break up with Yuna, but she knew she had to do it.

She also knew Hyung-Sik and Chae-Ri could feel her pain and would talk to her later.

"Please forgive me, love," Soyeon said as she began to cry too.

Yuna only cried harder.

Their tears finally flowed to a stop, and Soyeon pulled away from the hug.

She cupped Yuna's face with her hands and leaned in to leave a loving and heartfelt kiss on the younger's lips.

When they pulled apart, with one hand still cupping Yuna's face, Soyeon held out her pinky.

"Friends?" she asked.

Yuna stared at it for a moment before entangling her finger with Soyeon's.

"Friends."