Chapter 14: Behind The Impostors

[Night Raid's base training ground; in the morning]

Tatsumi: RAAAAGH! - Tatsumi shouted, as he advanced towards Akame.

Both assassins clash their practice swords and start pushing the other back. At first it looked like Akame had the upper hand, but her eyes widened when Tatsumi suddenly started to overpower her. With one last hard push, the brunette sends his rival skidding backwards. Indra's trainer doesn't give the slashed assassin time to recover as he rushes to defeat her. The Murasame wielder, however, would not be defeated so easily.

The red-eyed swordswoman plants her feet on the ground to contain herself and runs towards the boy. Once again Akame and Tatsumi cross swords and fight for control of the duel. However, this time the shadow-black haired girl was prepared for the strength of the emerald-eyed swordsman. The battle is at an impasse for a few moments, but Akame takes the lead when he kicks one of Tatsumi's legs. The young assassin grunts as he drops to his knees. When he looked up, Akame's sword was in his face.

Akame: Impressive, Tatsumi. - The former ally of the Empire says with a small smile on her face - You almost had me.

Tatsumi: Again... - He sighs, getting up on tired legs. The assassin boy was panting and seemed on the verge of fainting - Once again, Akame!

Akame: Tatsumi, you really should take a break. - She lowers the weapon.

The user of the cursed katana was worried that her friend might actually pass out because he was pushing himself too hard for one day.

Tatsumi: I can't rest now. - The brunette says, wiping the sweat from his forehead - I told you, didn't I? Come at me like it's a life and death fight.

The country swordsman prepares his training sword and rushes towards the experienced throat cutter.

Tatsumi: Let's do it!!!

However, Tatsumi had to dodge a punch that came out of nowhere. He looked up to see Bulat smiling at him.

Tatsumi: What the hell, aniki?!

Bulat: Good reflexes, Tatsumi. - The ex-imperial officer praises, while crossing his arms over his broad chest - You said you wanted it to be a real fight, so I thought I'd put up obstacles to make sure you were paying attention to your surroundings. It's good to see you're paying attention, because an enemy can come from anywhere at any time.

Bulat arches an eyebrow as he watches Tatsumi clean up.

Bulat: You're much more excited than usual... What's up?

Tatsumi: Nothing... - The youngest replies, stopping briefly to catch his breath - I just want to hurry up and get as strong as possible...

Tatsumi turns to smile at his friend.

Tatsumi: I promised Akame that I would definitely survive no matter what and that we would establish the new Empire together. And I intend to keep that promise.

Akame: Tatsumi... - She thinks.

Bulat: Now you're talking like a man! - The man exclaims, smacking Tatsumi on the back hard enough to make him stumble forward - You've grown!

Bulat pulls Tatsumi so that he could look him in the eyes.

Bulat: If you want to become stronger, come with me! - Bulat smiles brightly and gestures to himself with his thumb - I'll train you right!