Chapter 5: A Way to Approach

We meet on the main street of the Capital.  Tatsumi was there for his mission, having been guided by Leone who was beside him.

  Tatsumi was there for his mission, having been guided by Leone who was beside him

Leone: This one is the main street. You've already got the map in your head, haven't you?

Tatsumi: Yes. I already saved it.

The brunette frowns as he remembers what Akame told him the day before.

"I can only say… that your recklessness will get you killed."

Leone senses his discomfort at the thought of her swordsman friend. The blonde thought she should tell the brunette something. Akame could be annoyed, but the brute felt he needed to know.

Leone: Tatsumi, I know you're afraid of Akame and don't like to be around her… But there are things about her that you need to know.

Rhe brunette looks at her, waiting to hear what she has to say.

[Insert this soundtrack: Like a Dog Chasing Cars — Hans Zimmer from 4:07]

Leone: When Akame was a child, she and her sister were sold to the Capital, and along with other children in a similar situation, they were placed in a program for assassins and trained to kill. But she managed to survive the experience.  So she became an assassin who could carry out any order of the Imperial Capital. During missions, she began to feel the Capital's evil. And the boss, who was once her target, managed to convince her not to carry out the mission. Then she entered the revolutionary struggle and fights for the people.

Leone: But by then, most of her friends had died a long time ago. I know you understand what it's like.

Tatsumi: And what do you mean by all that? That I'm too good to be a professional killer?

Leone smirks at the boy's sarcasm.

Leone: Look, if everything works out, someday you'll end up understanding.

Tatsumi then looks towards the main street, where he was going to fulfill his first mission of taking a life.

[End of soundtrack]

Later…

A man carried proudly down the main street at night. He was Night Raid's second target, Ogre.

Ogre is a large, muscular man with black hair that was turning gray near his temples. He has an unusual hairstyle with four ponytails or braids at the back of his head wrapped in white cloth. He has a large star-shaped scar over his left eye, which he is missing, while his remaining eye was red with a black sclera. His teeth are shown to be quite sharp, which gives him a monster/demon appearance. He usually wears typical Imperial Police armor.