Chapter 34: A Tale of Two Generals

This chapter begins with the camera providing a panoramic view of a freezing environment, with little vegetation visible and heavy amounts of snow covering the location. It was late afternoon and early dusk.

"The Partas were a tribe of hunters specializing in killing dragons in freezing environments. Nee-chan and I grew up there." - Atsuko's voice narrates.

We see an area that wasn't very big, but also not very small, full of huts and tents.

"We were what others called 'tribals'." - Atsuko continues - "We fed on hunted creatures, we dominated territories, we were constantly in conflict with other tribes..."

As she narrates this part, we see three tamed wolves tied to stakes near a cabin. One was sitting casually, the other was sleeping, and the other was sniffing the floor. The one who was sleeping is captured by huge claws that belonged to a flying creature. The two remaining wolves go on alert and begin barking at the air.

"Apart from our conflicts with danger beasts and dragons."

Inside the hut near which the wolves rested, a little girl opens the door to leave. She was a young girl of 10 years old, with short light blue hair, blue eyes and fair skin. She wore a white short-sleeved shirt and black knee-length pants.

She opens the door to leave the house, but comes face to face with a dragon. The reptile has a snow-white body and blue eyes. It has two legs and wide wings. Sharp, pointed teeth used for biting and tearing cover most of its mouth, while two prominent fangs used for grasping protrude from its lower jaw. Additionally, this dragon has a long protrusion under its chin and what resembles thick eyebrows. The animal has a long tail covered in spines and a thick, fleshy tongue with bump-like features. It has two claws and toes. Its wings are unique in terms of structure. The humerus bone (arm bone connected to the body) is the only part of the wing connected to the body, with the rest of the wing structure hanging outside the body. It was a Snow Whraith.

"For as long as I can remember, our clan has had a single motto

"For as long as I can remember, our clan has had a single motto..."

[Insert this soundtrack: Uchiha Itachi - Anime Kei]

The dragon tries to attack the girl, who closes the door with her back just in time, causing the Snow Whraith to run into her. You could see from the girl's face that she was panicking.

"...The strong live and the weak perish."

Outside, things were pretty ugly. Countless warriors from the Partas Clan fought against several dragons that were setting fire to the place or looting human supplies. Some hung on the legs of the fire-breathers to get what they stole, others hit them in mid-air while clinging to the animals and others tried to put out the fires left behind.