Chapter 25: Battle In the Nest

[Night Raid base territory...]

Akame, Leone, Lubbock and Chelsea were standing in front of the forest, waiting for Tatsumi to carry out his plan.

The four assassins see something come out of the trees. They being confused when they see Mine back away, looking perplexed about something. However, the answer comes not many seconds later.

The Night Raid members see Tatsumi approaching slowly, his back to them, but he wasn't alone. The wielders of Imperial Arms watch as he uses his hand to guide a pink, black, and yellow Monstrous Nightmare out of the trees.

 The wielders of Imperial Arms watch as he uses his hand to guide a pink, black, and yellow Monstrous Nightmare out of the trees

Everyone is shocked to see the feat of the green-eyed boy. Not only was he "controlling" a dragon, but there was also the detail that the reptile did not show any aggressive intent. In fact, it even looked tame, as its eyelids were relaxed and its pupils were in a circular shape.

Although he was calming the pink-scaled beast, the wielder of Incursio wasn't touching its snout, preventing himself from bonding with the draconian creature.

He then gently holds Mine's wrist.

Mine: W-Wait a minute, Tatsumi! You don't want i... - She is cut off when the dragon snorts at her, startling her.

Tatsumi: Calm down, Mine! Trust in me!

He raises the pinky's hand to the Monstrous Nightmare's snout in a slow motion. The Stoker class dragon narrows its eyes.

Tatsumi: It's okay. She won't hurt you.

Even fearful, Mine lets her friend guide her hand to the creature's nose, allowing her to smell the sniper's nose. Convinced that the girl wasn't going to hurt him, the Monstrous Nightmare puts his muzzle on the Pumpkin user's hand, thus creating a bond with her.

Mine smiles, relaxing and perking up. It felt like a crazy dream! She befriended a dragon. A dragon! Who knew that Tatsumi would convince her to do something crazy like that, and that crazy thing would work!

The dragon looks into the pink eyeballs of the assassin, who was entranced by the animal that should be her natural enemy.

Seeing that there was already one less problem, Tatsumi walks away from the duo, going to a box he had brought to the area, confusing his teammates.

Lubbock: What are you doing?

Tatsumi: Let's just say... you're going to need something to hold on to. - He says, picking up and lifting a rope, as other dragons appear behind him.

The assassins are stunned when they see the four dragons that Tatsumi "defeated" during his training.

[In the Dragons' Nest...]

Najenda and Susanoo were gathered with the rebel soldiers. On the beach, several catapults were positioned. Further ahead, some large wooden stakes; probably traps for the dragons that were hit by the catapults.