Chapter 16: We Are The Jaegers/The Lair Of The Beasts

It had been four days since Bulat's death. Another key member of Night Raid was lost, and there was no choice for the group but to move on.  Tatsumi forced himself to train even harder to deem himself worthy of wielding Incursio.

Mine's arm had recovered. She was now looking for someone to train. She also wanted to get stronger so that Sheele and Bulat's deaths would not be in vain.

The pink haired girl walks to the training ground, raising her hand to get her teammates' attention.

Mine: Hey!! Who is willing to train with me?!!

However, the long-range marksman sees something that takes her by surprise: Tatsumi and Lubbock were doing push-ups, with Akame and Leone, respectively, sitting on their backs, as if it was nothing.

The assassins see their sniper companion.

Tatsumi: Oh, what's up, Mine?

Akame: Good thing you recovered already.

Mine: … What are you guys doing?!

Leone: They were dying to train, and we came to help!

Tatsumi: After using it… I realized how physically demanding Incursio is…! — He explains with a little difficulty due to the weight on his back — I need to train my body to be able to use it… for as long as aniki! In my physical condition, I can only turn invisible for mere seconds…!

The Pumpkin bearer blushes a little seeing Tatsumi's body, with some muscles visible thanks to all her hard training.

Trying to avoid her subtle embarrassment, she glared at the Crosstail wielder.

Mine: Wow, how rare to see you sweating, Lubbock.

Lubbock: Well, after that there were only two guys left in the group… I figured… It was time to push myself a little harder…!

Leone: You're talking very nicely, but you only did half the sit-ups that Tatsumi did! — She mocks, making the greenette grind his teeth.

Akame: I can't do anything. There's a big difference in weight between you and me. — The swordswoman says, as if it were the most casual piece of information on the planet.

Mine, Lubbock and Tatsumi freeze in fear and shock at the sentence uttered by the assassin of a cut. With an indescribable fury, Leone lands a punch on the top of Akame, making a bump grow on her head.

The blonde's fist was steaming as she still huffed in anger. Akame rubbed her bump with a blank face.

 Akame rubbed her bump with a blank face

???: Hey, guys.

The speech draws the attention of the group, who see Najenda at the entrance to the training field, with a huge backpack on her back.

Mine: Boss?

Najenda: I'm going to the Revolutionary Army headquarters to deliver the Arms we confiscated from the Three Beasts.