Chapter 32: In The Sight of Skrill

Human beings and most living beings have two natural reactions when faced with something they consider threatening: Fight or flee.

And that's why at this moment, a one-legged brunette, a crippled dragon and a woman with two-tone hair were running away from electrical blasts that were being thrown in their direction.

The trio looked quite terrified. Well, at least Tatsumi seemed like it.

Tatsumi: How did my night go from searching for danger beasts to this?!! — He shouts, before rolling to avoid an electric blast from the Skrill that followed them from the air.

Atsuko: Is it serious that your dragon doesn't fly?!! — She screams, dodging an electric shot with an agile jump.

Tatsumi: Seriously, seriously!!!

Atsuko: Oh, dangit!!!

Indra becomes not pleased and grumbles at the general.

Up there, the wild dragon continues to follow those beings it considered its enemies.

Skrill: GREEEEEEWW!!!

The sister of the strongest in the Empire grabs the Incursio wielder by the collar of his coat and runs with him to a nearby cave. The black scaled dragon follows the two.

The trio manage to hide while the Shrill lands, looking for its prey. Inside the cave, the woman looks at the green-eyed duo, in a low voice.

Atsuko: Here's the thing! You and Indra jump into the water when I get out of here! The Skrill cannot use its rays in wet places!

Tatsumi: How?!

Atsuko: You heard me! I'll distract him for a while, and while you're hiding, it'll be enough for me to finish him off!

Tatsumi: B-But… will you be okay?

Atsuko: Hey! “Second strongest in the Empire”, remember? — She assures him with a smile on her face — See you soon, Tatsumi!

[Insert: The Great Escape — Marco Beltrami]

Having said that, the woman runs out of the cave, generating flames in her hands. The orange-fringed warrior quickly spots the Skrill and throws a fireball at the dragon, generating a small luminous explosion of flames and embers.

The dragon suffers practically nothing from the attack thanks to its fireproof scales, but it is quite irritated by the general.

Atsuko: Oh, come on?  Don't like the breeze?  — Teases the warrior, in a mocking tone.

The purple dragon roars, enraged.

Atsuko: Why don't you come get me?

Atsuko takes advantage and starts running to take the Skrill away from where the protagonist duo was. The dragon follows her with anger in his eyes, flying after her.

The woman ran and zigzagged through trees to confuse the dragon and plan an attack to kill the winged predator.

However, the flying reptile perfectly followed the general between the trees with high agility and speed, sparks coming out of its body. The animal was preparing an attack.

Wave's mentor notices this and shoots jets of fire from her palms and feet to propel herself into the air. The Strike-class dragon flies even higher to keep up with her.