Wings

The band Wings, led by Paul McCartney, released the title track of the James Bond movie "Live and Let Die" in 1973.

Former Beatle bassist Paul McCartney, his wife Linda McCartney, session drummer Denny Seiwell, and former Moody Blues guitarist Denny Laine founded the British-American rock group Wings in 1971. With three different lead guitars and four different drummers, Wings were known for their financial success, diverse musical tastes, and frequent personnel changes. The McCartneys and Laine were the band's core three, however, and they stayed together the whole time.

The band's first two albums, Wild Life and Red Rose Speedway, released in 1971 after the McCartneys' Ram, were seen as creative failures in comparison to Paul's work with the Beatles. McCullough and Seiwell left the band when the theme song for the James Bond film Live and Let Die was released. The next year, in 1973, The McCartneys and Laine released Band on the Run, which was a financial and critical triumph and gave rise to the top 10 songs "Jet" and the title tune. After releasing the record, the group hired drummer Geoff Britton and guitarist Jimmy McCulloch, but Britton soon left and was replaced by Joe English. Wings' 1975 album Venus and Mars, which included the US number one song "Listen to What the Man Said," and their 1975–1976 world tour were both very successful due to the new line-up. Wings at the Speed of Sound, which was released in the middle of the tour and contained the smash songs "Silly Love Songs" and "Let 'Em In," was intended to be more of a communal effort.