Chapter 15 - Inzaghi

Cha Young was discharged from the hospital on the same day, but she couldn't go back home since her windows were broken, she also couldn't go back to her childhood home, because she had no more furniture in her old room.

Vincenzo offered to pay for the windows on her house, as well as a hotel room for her. Cha Young's heart sped up at his gestures, even though deep down she knew that he was just doing it because he felt guilty.

But the lawyer was extremely uncomfortable in that hotel room, not that it was small or bad, in fact it was the opposite, the room was huge and luxurious and very cozy, in addition it had everything she needed. Even so, she couldn't feel well, her heart was racing and she couldn't breathe with every noise she heard.

Cha Young knew the feeling of anxiety perfectly well, her adolescence had been haunted by it.

It was already late, there were no more rays of sunlight coming through the windows, it was just dark, that's why the lawyer turned on all the lights in the room. She wasn't going to be able to sleep, not there alone when the feeling that someone was watching her haunted her every second making her body shiver.

That's why Cha Young made the most irrational decision of her life and gathered all her things and left for the plaza. It was her first instinct, her first thought, she could have gone to her father's house or to the Jang brothers' house but for some reason she didn't.

As soon as she arrived at his door, she hurriedly knocked, the lawyer was cold, scared and her feet were hurting from walking in heels. To tell the truth she was afraid of the Italian's reaction and what if he just didn't let her stay there? Or what if he didn't even open the door?

Negative thoughts of her were pushed away as soon as he opened the door to the apartment, Cha Young could feel the warmth that came from inside cradling her. Vincenzo rubbed one eye, trying to eliminate traces of sleep, confused by her presence there. The lawyer then noticed that he was in his pajamas and his hair was disheveled in a complete mess.

"Sorry." she said shyly when she realized she had interrupted her sleep.

"Are you okay? Did something happen?" he questioned worriedly.

"Hm, nothing happened."

"Was there something wrong with the hotel?"

"No." Cha Young felt extremely embarrassed about the situation, once the moment of adrenaline had passed and her head started to reason again, Cha Young realized what she had done and she was ready to leave.

"Come in, it's cold." Vincenzo answered before she could move.

Cha Young returned a shy smile and walked in, still holding her heels.

"Are you hungry? Do you want something to eat or drink?" he questioned.

"No, thank you." She answered, looking around the place, it was a simple apartment, old and not decorated, Cha Young thought that Vincenzo didn't have time to do it or he just didn't intend to stay there for long.

The sofa caught her attention, it was a mess of covers and pillows, he was clearly sleeping there. Cha Young was tempted to ask why, but she thought better of it and ignored the curiosity.

"You can stay here until you feel safe." he stated and Cha Young turned abruptly to look at him.

Before she could answer Vincenzo moved into the room soon returning with more blankets and pillows.

"Is it okay if I use the bathroom to change?" she questioned sheepishly and Vincenzo just nodded.

When Cha Young returned with her pajamas on, Vincenzo had already laid the covers and pillows on the floor and arranged the couch.

"You can have the sofa, I'll sleep on the floor."

"Are we going to sleep in the same room? Oh, how perverted of you." she said wryly. "There's a bedroom over there."

Vincenzo forced a smile and reached toward his room. "It's all yours."

Cha Young smiled back smugly and opened the bedroom door, then let out a scream and slammed the door shut when she saw the mess of pigeon feathers.

"What is that? Are they chickens?" she questioned with a shiver.