【53】Absence

A/N; You can listen to the music all throughout the chapter! Enjoy reading:)

〖Third Person P.o.v〗

"Kenny! He was too young! Why'd you have to take him from us lord?!" Kenny's mom cried. After the town had found out that most of the heroes made it out, and that Mysterion was really Kenny McCormick, another funeral was held. Rather than bury something new, the stone made for the heroes was simply replaced with one for just Kenny. All this was able to be done within a week later thanks to Mitch Conner.

The families close to Kenny had attended, The (L/n)'s, Broflovski's, Marsh's, Cartman's mom, and even all the families of the other superheroes.

It was a snowy day, rather than a rainy one, and the whole event on its own was just sad. The heroes were bawling their eyes out, all depressed at the fact that Kenny was gone.

(Y/n) stayed near her brother, and cried into his chest as the ceremony began. It was a week later and he hadn't shown up. Sure there were moments when Kenny would take some time to come see her after dying, but after their last interaction, she was certain he would come to see her the moment he came back.

What scared her even more was the fact that this time, EVERYONE acknowledged his death. Every single person in town was aware that Kenny died, and this terrified her. Each time she had been the only person who was aware of his death, and each time he always came back to her... But this time, things were different.

"I was Kenny's worst f-f-f-friend, " Stan cried to Kyle.

"N-No! Stan, Cartman was his worst friend, look at that fatass, he only came for the refreshments!" Kyle pointed to Cartman who was snacking on the crackers and juice offered.

A few others had their small conversations as it snowed at Kenny's funeral. (Y/n) couldn't focus on anything other than her sadness and confusion. She wondered where Kenny was and if he was even on the same Earth as her.

Eventually, the funeral came to an end, and everyone left in their cars to go home.

Once everyone was home, (Y/n) was about to go lock herself up in her room, but her brother stopped her, looking at her with a pained look.

"Please don't leave me alone," He said softly.

She frowned. Her lack of presence in the last few months caused him to have separation anxiety.

"Okay, you can come in," She said meekly, going into her room. Dovahkiin let out a sigh of relief and shut the door behind him.

Once in her room, she lay flat on her bed staring up at the ceiling. Dovahkiin sat down on a saucer chair, staring at her blankly. He still seemed shaken up by the fact that she had disappeared for so long.

And now, it was the new year...

I never even got to have a New years kiss. (Y/n) thought to herself.

"When do you think Kenny will be back?"She blurted without thinking.

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing,"

"He's not going to come back (Y/n), he's dead." He told her blankly.

She sighed. Normally, no one would acknowledge Kenny's death, but this time everyone did. Everyone knew that Kenny McCormick was long dead and gone. He wouldn't come back.

"Thanks, that's so comforting to hear," She said sarcastically.

I'm sure he'll come back. He's died a ton of times before, and he came back each time. She thought internally.