chapter 21 - kill my doubt

Comeback season has hit for the girls as every single one of the groups involved with Y/N had theirs already, Le Sserafim with Unforgiven, New Jeans with Get up and now, Itzy with Kill my doubt.

After visiting New York for another time and Japan, they finally get ready for another comeback. They were also filming a documentary for this comeback so Y/N was one of the voices and sometimes the occasional cameo in the frame whenever he appeared. And for Y/N, he was one of the writers/producers for their new album alongside JYP himself.

JYP - Y/N.

Y/N - Jin-young.

JYP- should we call in the first member for her recording?

Y/N - yeah alright, so what's the name of this song by the way?

JYP - Bet on me, it's a B-side but we will be releasing it first as a single for the album

Y/N - alright, you wrote the lyrics right?

JYP - yes, they are inspired by conversations I had with the girls, they are all so worried but there are a lot of things in life that affect them day by day. I want this song to empower them, give them the strength they need not just as a group but individuals so when the time comes, they can live independently without worry from anyone else.

Y/N - damn, you really got a good vision huh?

JYP - of course, my vision came true when I made this company and you know, I wouldn't change a damn thing haha

They laugh as they bring in the first person to record their lines.

Y/N - come in Yuna!

The bubbly maknae greets the producers and the two of them as she hops into the recording booth as they talk some things out as they start to record.

Every girl faired well until it was Lia or Yeji's turn

Lia was doing good until she couldn't hit the note she wanted for her part. Which caused JYP to frown a little but kept encouraging her, he stopped her a few times because he didn't get the result he wanted, so he once again, tells her to just hold on.

JYP - Lia let's do this again after your practice and get the beat accurate.

Lia - Ne.

JYP walks into the recording booth as he talks to her as she tears up a little, Y/N sits there till he finishes talking to her because he didn't want to interrupt him at which sort of scared him since he was the 'main' guy of the company so he kept quiet in his chair while he talked to her.

JYP - alright, I'll see you tomorrow instead

Lia - ne.

She bows as JYP taps his shoulder

JYP - bring her to the dorm

Y/N - alright, who's after Lia?

JYP - I'll record Ryujin by herself, just bring her back there and we'll finish her tomorrow.

Y/N - okay.

Lia stays silent as she walks out the room, where almost immediately, she interlocks her fingers with Y/N as he kisses her forehead as they walk out, she starts to sob as they walk out expressing her frustrations.

Lia - I- I- just couldn't hit the notes. My v- voice isn't good enough-

Y/N - it's good enough sweetheart, it is-

Lia just cries on Y/N where he comforts her by rubbing her shoulders as he wraps his arm around her as they instead head towards the rooftops where they talk for a bit as she lets out her frustrations with recording. After that small talk, she cheers up a little where they head back to the dorms where she rests herself as Y/N walks abc to the company, he comes back in time for Ryujin's recording which successfully goes well, and then after Ryujin was Chaeryeong who finished quickly, and then lastly Yeji.