special chapter - stranger (Y/N)

IU - Y/N. Yeobo, look, I'm just saying, we've been here for so long. We don't need to move!

Y/N - Ji-eun, honey. Come on, it's a good investment and besides, look around us!

Our words echoed throughout the house, Kura and Jen watching quietly on the couch, not wanting to interfere with our argument.

Putting her fingers on the bridge of her nose, she took a sigh, looking down at the floor before looking up at me.

IU - listen, I know you wanted it to be a surprise, but look at our finances! We're burning through fucking money here!

With the argument heating up since earlier,

A reason not even caused because of the purchase but rather it was because of the fact that it was originally about our oven that just had broken recently due to someone breaking it.

Y/N - we're doing good! What do you mean?!

IU - honey-ah, did you even get a mortgage for it at all?

Y/N - I did! It's not bad! We can pay it off in like a few years or so!

IU - but you didn't even tell me.

She shrugs, turning around, her steps pacing around.

Y/N - I just wanted it to be a surprise.

Getting close to her, feeling shitty about raising our voices towards each other.

Glancing towards Kura and Jen, they just nodded at me, watching me carefully as I put my hand on Ji-eun's shoulder

Y/N - Ji-eun-ah.

IU - it's fine, I need some space.

Quickly shrugging off my hand from her shoulder.

I watched her walk away, heading up towards the stairs looking away from me.

After she was gone from my sight, I heard one of the two get up from the couch from the slight sound of the springs retracting from the weight transfer.

Looking at the wall, putting my hand to my temple, sighing.

Kura - anata.

Y/N - gomen.

Not letting Kura get anymore closer because of my embarrassment, I quickly turned around and saw my jacket with my keys and wallet still inside since I had just gotten home when this argument had transpired.

Grabbing it and headed towards the door

Yun - E/N.

Ignoring Jen's voice calling out for me, I opened the door and closed it a bit aggressively.

Walking down the steps towards the garage, opening it with the key.

I stood there, waiting for it to go up till it did, but at the same time. A car pulled up as finally, it went fully up.

Glancing a bit behind me where the car turns off, watching as Chaer and Ryujin came out

Chaer - oppa?

Y/N - I'm just gonna go for a ride, I'll be back soon.

Saying it with a calm voice, not wanting to give a small smirk to reassure them.

Walking to the car I drove back here to, hearing Ryujin's voice

Ryu - where are you going?

With no words to respond to her, opening the car door and went inside. Closing it immediately while throwing my phone to the passenger seat.