Braids(Yuu/Leona)

Yuu scrolled through the photos on her phone, zooming in and out a couple of times to get a better look at them before sketching them in her sketchbook/diary. They were photos of Leona's braid, which she took during lunchtime. Why did she take these photos? To try to learn braiding.

She tried to do it herself, but it would come out messy with hair sticking out. The prefect thought that sketching them out might be some help. The only person she had seen with braids was so far Leona. Despite being someone who didn't care about his looks or tidying himself up, his braids were very pretty. It made Yuu wonder if he did himself or if it was one of the many tasks done by Ruggie.

However, little did the prefect know, a pair of green eyes in the shadows of the garden was staring at her. Leona. Being the elusive predator he was, he stealthily approached her as she continued to draw, unaware of his presence.

Leona's eyes moved to the sketchbook to see what she was drawing. They glanced at her phone screen before returning back to the detailed drawings. He wasn't really into art. But, the prince had to admit the prefect draws pretty good.

"Heh. Not bad. Did you actually get all that just by taking photos?" He asked her curiously as she continued sketching. "Yep. It helps sometimes when I have a good reference on me" she said absent-minded, not turning her head to look at him as she kept sketching some details.

Leona quietly chuckled amusingly at how she didn't panic yet that he was here. After that, Yuu froze, and her eyes widen when it hit her. Turning her head around to double check, she gasped and jumped to her feet in surprise, dropping the sketchbook in the process.

"Why are you sneaking up on me, Kingscholar?!" She asked him alarmed as he caught her sketchbook easily in his hand with ease. He just smirked at her more amused. Her reactions always kept him entertained.

"You know I like to nap here. Also, word of advice. Don't ever try anything sneaky with Ruggie around" he told her, and at that reminder, Yuu knew what he was referring to. When she took the photos, it was during lunchtime, and Ruggie was next to her.

His eyes then went to the drawing of the braids as Yuu looked down and her eyes widen. "Hey! That is mine!" She told him flustered, reaching to grab it, but he held it far from her reach.

"Heh. Not until you tell me why you took those photos" he told her, keeping it high as possible since he was taller than her. "I was just sketching them so I can try to learn how to braid" she explained to him.

"That's it? Pfft. You can't braid your hair?" He asked her, poking fun at her as he moved the sketchbook to behind his back. Even he knew how to braid his own hair.

"I've tried, but it doesn't come out nice" she told him fustrated, reaching around his waist to grab it. However, an idea popped in her head as she looked at him with anticipation in her eyes. Leona's smirk fell, sensing the prefect had something mind.

"Leona. Can you braid my hair for me?" She asked him, making eyes widen and ears up in surprise. He was not expecting that question from her. "What? No way. I'm not a hairdresser. Find someone else to do it" he rejected, annoyed as Yuu still tried to get back the book. She pouted annoyed, having a feeling he was gonna say no. Luckily, Yuu had her own tricks up her sleeve.

"If you braid my hair, I'll do something for you in return" she offered him, getting his ears perking at that. Yuu knew she had him. Offering him something in return will guarantee something. It worked before with the Octvanille adventure.

"What's in it for me?" He asked her, suscpious, lowering his hand for her to take the sketchbook as he eyed her. "Anything you want. Like clean your room, get ya lunch or help you in the club. Whatever you want" she emphasized, eyes big in hope that he'll do it. Leona thought about it for a while. Compared to Ruggie, Yuu didn't complain as much when doing the tasks.

Lying down on the ground cross legged, he stared at her for awhile. "Sit" he told her, making Yuu smile. In Leona's language, that meant yes. She sat down in front of him as he started getting to work. He first removed the bow tie, letting her ponytail be loose.

His fingers gently ran down her hair to check for any knots or tangles in them. Surprisingly, he didn't really find much. 'Huh. Herbivore really takes of her hair' he thought in his head until curiosity came to him about how soft it was. Seeing as her back was turned, he took his glove off quietly as possible and ran his fingers down her hair. His ears perked at how soft it was. It felt fluffy like the finest fur on a feline.

Leona quickly shook his head, wondering how he could let himself get distracted by something so small. He quickly got to work, twisting the strands and making the braid. Yuu found it a weird feeling, but she could tell he was being surprisingly gentle with her. Like she was something fragile. Yuu felt her face heat up at the feeling, and needed something to get her mind off it.

"You are surprisingly good at braiding. And here, I thought Ruggie did your braids" she told him teasingly. "What? Pff. I mean, sure, Ruggie does a lot of tasks for me. But I can do my own braids. I've been doing it since I was cub. Heck, I use to braid my mom's, Falena, my sister in law and even Cheka" he explained proudly as Yuu turned her head slightly to him.

"Wait. Your whole family has braids?" She asked him, curious about that. "Yeah. For lion beastmen, braided hairstyles is actually popular, since it resembles a lion's mane" he explained to her, intriguing the prefect at that piece of information.

"Alright. Done"

He finished, setting the braid down her shoulder so she could see. Yuu was impressed at how long it was. It was clean and beautiful. But her blue eyes widen at what she at the end of the braid. A bright blue and white flower was tied at the end of her hair. Leona must've putted himself.

"Wow. This is beautiful, Leona. Thank you" she told him gratefully, smiling at him as he stood up. The lion turned his face away to hide the blush. She really was pretty with the braid. "Just remember, you owe me for this one. So be prepared for when I ask you for something" he reminded her, walking away. Yuu just shook her head smiling, about to admire the braid until she heard his voice.

"You look nice by the way"

He complimented her genuinely before leaving, a soft smile on his face. Yuu blushed, surprised but she smiled fondly at him.