Some Adjustments for the Festival(Leona/Mara)(Tamashina-mina event)

As Leona watched his friends leave to start packing for tomorrow's trip, his green eyes glanced to the balcony, feeling someone staring at him. A pair of golden feline eyes stood out from the shadow, focusing on him. His green eyes narrowed at them back rather angrily as he growled and marched up the stairs to meet them.

If it was any other person, they would be quivering in fear once he arrived on the balcony and directed his attention to them. But the housewarden wasn't surprise when his girlfriend, Mara, stepped out of the shadows and just held a calm look.

"You know, it's a good thing you asked me to come meet here so we can talk. Because my day doesn't need to be any worse than it should be." He brought up agitated, leaning against the rail with his arm to support him. His tail swished fiercely, looking like it would strike at anything that came near it. the cheetah knew he was upset with her. Earlier, he had texted her to join his team for Catch the Tail this year. But Mara declined and told him to meet up with her so that they could talk about it.

Honestly, he would've stormed to her regardless if she told him to come or not just to get answers. Her hand slid crossed the rail until it rested on top of his hand. "To be fair, I wasn't expecting you to even come to this year's festival. If I knew, then your team would be the first one I would join." She explained to him, her thumb brushing across his knuckles to ease off his irritation. Leona did respond to that by holding her hand and softening his look when he understood what she was referring to.

"You're in someone else's team, aren't you?" He concluded with Mara giving a head nod to confirm it. Leona sighed, ears lowering. "I should've known." His shoulders relaxed a little as the cheetah stared at him. "Can't blame you for that. I wasn't planning to come this year. But then the old geezer stuck his nose, and now I got no choice but to go." The housewarden vented angrily, furious that he could not slide past his chamberlain this time.

Mara snickered a little at him amusingly as she wrapped her arms around his neck. "Well, I guess the Great Kings decided to punish you for dishonoring years of tradition. That's what you get for thinking you can get away with anything." She teased him, pulling at his ear playfully with her teeth. The lion growled, shaking his head so she would let go of his ear. One of his soft spots she learned after they dated.

Leona huffed, letting the air push his strands from his face for a brief moment. He would have to think of a better plan to skip the festival next year. A thought, however, did cross his mind when he remembered that Mara was in another team. "So, who's team are you on? Maybe I can sneak you away from them for a bit." He suggested misheviously, turning around so he could face her.

Mara grinned at him in a way that reminded him of Chenya, which made him frown. "Actually, I'm not in a team. I'm leading it." She corrected him as she ran her hands up his chest to his shoulders, playing with his braids. His eyes grew big hearing that, but his smile widened in his features. "You're the leader of your own team this year? Impressive Mara." He complimented, pulling her close to him. "Hope your leadership skills are better than your teamwork skills. " he teased her, pinching her cheeks slightly.

The cheetah swatted his hands away, but to his surprise, she didn't give one of those annoyed glares. Her face had some concern on it, which made him frown. Did he hurt her feelings when he said that. Slowly, he placed his hands on her shoulders, trying to prepare himself for any reaction. "Hey. I was only messing with you. You know that." He assured her, hoping she didn't think he doubted her skills. Her understanding of what it means to work in a team has improved a lot and benefitted her. Leona liked to think that helped them get closer.

"It's not that." She responded, her tone very solemn. Her eyes refused to look at him, afraid to give away the real feeling. His hands rubbed her arms up and down, trying to tell her to open up to him. It was enough for Leona that he had to take part in the festival. The last thing he wanted was an upset girlfriend.

"You know that with us both being leaders of our team, that means you and I will face each other off in the Sunset Showdown." She reminded him, glancing her golden eyes up at him nervously. The Sunset Shadow was one other part in Catch the Tail that Leona was aware of. Whichever two teams were standing, the leaders from each team would brawl until the last one standing wins.

Leona knew about that, but he wasn't sure if he liked the thought about fighting Mara. It wouldn't be like the sparring they would do. "Well, then you better bring your A game." Was all he said as his hands slipped off her shoulders and leaned back against the rail. Even though his back was turned to her, the cheetah could tell by his drooping ears and slumped tail that he was not happy with how things were going. First, he had to go home, his least favorite place to be. The place where he was loathed because of his status. Now, he and his favorite cheetah were in opposite teams, and they would face each other in the Sunset Showdown. "Why do the Great Kings love to torment me?" He mumbled, tightly clenching the railing.

Mara's ears twitched at that as she stared at him sympathically. She approached him, and her arms gently wrapped around his waist. Her head rested against his shoulder blade. His soft brown hair was like a pillow for her. "At least we'll be going to the festival together this year." She reminded him. The two probably saw each other when they were small the previous years, but this would be their first time attending the festival together. She heard a flick and glanced up to see his ears standing. She had lifted his mood up a little.

A smile perked at the corners of her mouth, feeling like she accomplished something that no one could do with him. "Just promise me that you're gonna try to have fun. At least, when you're with me." She requested, nuzzling against his back. Mara remembered that little lion cub who was always so excited for the festival, eagerly bouncing on the balcony where his family sat to watch the game as he chatted excitedly with his older brother. But years of being compared constantly and disfavored because of his status made him loathe anything related to his home. Maybe if she was with him, she could lighten the mood.

His hands suddenly grasped hers but was gentle. Mara lifted her head off his back when she felt him push off the rail and turn around to face her. 'Oh no. Did I tick him off even more? I thought I was helping?' She wondered in her head, eyes scanning him for any detail to indicate his change in mood.

The lion's lips were in a thin line with those half lidded eyes as he stared at her. 'Is he pondering, or is he sleep standing?' She questioned, narrowing her eyes in confusion at him. Sometimes, he can be difficult to understand.

"Heh heh."

Her ears perked at a chuckle and found the corners of his mouth going up. His hand wrapped around the back of her head and pulled her in. She felt his lips press a soft kiss at her temple as his fingers played with her dreads. "With you, any place I can tolerate." He told her, staring at her golden eyes as his fingers lifted her dreads up before returning back to him

Mara smiled, feeling relieved that she had lightened his day a bit. Little did she know that she was all Leona needed to look forward to this trip.