😴🍳Breakfast can Wait(Leona/Mara)

☀️Morning, Savannaclaw Dorm 🦁...

"Zzzzzz....zzzzzz...."

Mara's ears twitched at hearing her boyfriend's loud snores. She felt the vibration on her chest since Leona was snuggled there, burying his nose in the crook of her neck. Their arms were wrapped around each other, and tails interwined. Her eyes stayed closed, but she remembered that they were asleep in Leona's bedroom. That's when she remembered something from last night.

"Baby... baby, we gotta get up." The king cheetah insisted, a yawn coming afterward as her sharp teeth glimmered. Her spotted arms stretched as Leona's response was grumbling about how it was a Saturday and that they could sleep in.

Mara opened her eyes, feeling the back of her hand unconsciously brushed against his hair. "I know. Did you forget what we agreed on last night?" She reminded him, running her fingers through his hair. Her nose was tickled by his messy strands as she pressed a soft kiss to his head. Leona growled affectionately, snuggling deeper into her neck.

"Yeah. Must've slipped my mind." The lion mumbled, gently dragging his fingers down her waist as a closed lip smile was on his face. She rolled her eyes at him as her fingers curled into his hair, gently tugging on it.

"Well, let me help you remember. You and I both agreed that we take turns making breakfast for each other. And I seem to recall that I made you breakfast a couple of times, so it's your turn." She said firmly, making a slight tug of his hair. The lion shook his head, starting to get agitated by her pulling at her hair. The cheetah glanced down, starting to get irritated. He was trying to avoid his turn on purpose.

"Right now!" She demanded, pulling on his hair hard, and that got him to wake up. "Hey!" The lion snarled angrily and pried her hands off. "Can't it wait a few minutes?! The weekend's probably the one time I can sleep in peacefully!" He stated, glaring his green eyes at her fiercely, but she was unphased by him, snarling back at him. She felt proud to see his ears drop and his snarl fade. That actually made her burst into laughter, forgetting about their arguing just now.

Leona glanced his eyes away, embarrassed at having his pride wounded so easily. Growling, his hands snatched a pillow and lay back down, putting it on his head to hide his face.

"What happened to you always thinking about food, hm? You said you liked the idea night last." She teased him, poking his arm pillow. "Yeah, well, I didn't say we had to eat as soon as we woke up! I'm going back to sleep!" He expressed firmly, pulling the pillow down to hide his face.

His girlfriend stared at him for a while, waiting to see if he was gonna go back to sleep. He wasn't snoring instantly like usual, so he was still awake. Just not getting out of bed. Honestly, Mara could understand why Ruggie got so ticked off when he had to wake up the housewarden.

"Fine. I'm making breakfast. But I'm doing it for me first." Mara sighed, stretching her back. As she started to leave the bed, she felt his arms wrap around her waist and pull her right back on the bed. "Leona!" She snapped, fustrated, trying to swipe his face or anywhere to make him let go.

His arms kept hers trapped in so she wouldn't slip out or break out of his hold. "If you wanna sleep, fine! But let me out! I ain't your pillow!" She insisted angrily, squirming and twisting her body in his arms. Leona winced at feeling her tail smack him several times as an attempt for him to let go. After some difficulty, his hand finally caught her spotted tail and held it against her chest.

"Breakfast can wait. Just sleep with me for a few more minutes. Besides, I'm not that hungry." He insisted, nuzzling into her shoulder. His nose brushed against her dreads, smiling in amusement that some of them were unraveled into natural curls. That was his doing, which often peeved her, and he loved that.

"Leona..." Mara sighed fustratedly, but then she found her hand was on top of his, almost interwining. Her face turned pink, and her ears flattened back, hitting Leona's nose slightly. He seemed to understand the reaction, and for further his amusement, his hand clasped into hers. He felt her body tense up in his hold, making him chuckle softly at her reaction to that.

"Just a few more minutes. That's all..." he told her quietly, brushing his nose into her hair. The feeling of her soft hair against his face made him sleepy, and before Mara could shoot a reply back to him, he was out in a blink. The cheetah sighed in defeat, seeing that breakfast was gonna wait.

However, when he started snoring, the corners of her mouth turned into a smile, giving his hand a slight squeeze. His hold had loosened, but she wasn't gonna try to escape. It felt nice, and, as much as she hated to admit it, she genuinely wanted to stay longer in his arms.

"Maybe a few more minutes." She whispered, turning her body around to snuggle in his chest. She didn't realize that Leona was still awake m, cracking an eye open as he smiled in satisfaction that she was sleeping. He pressed a soft kiss to her forehead before continuing their nap together.