~1~

"Wow, look who's quiet today." Jungwon joked as his table mate sat beside him.

"Not in the mood, Yang," Mei said, setting her head against the desk, the cold feeling refreshing on her burning skin.

"You're never in the mood."

"Yet you don't seem to take the hint?" Mei questioned, her eyes squinting in pain as her headache grew worse.

"Blah blah, I'll cheer you up one day."

Mei rolled her eyes, only to grimace in pain again, not to go unnoticed by the ever-observant boy beside her.

He reached into his bag and pulled out a tiny bottle, handing it to her under the table.

Mei looked at him, confused, and met with his cheerful smile.

"It's just Tylenol, but maybe it can help." For what felt like the first time - because it was - Mei gave the boy a slight smile as she quietly took two little tablets.

"Thank you, Yang." Mei returned the pill bottle and kept her head down for the rest of the class.

"You sure do get a lot of headaches, Mei," Jungwon pointed out.

"Yeah, it's not uncommon."

"Do you know what causes it?"

"Probably my siblings, but you know, can't stop them."

"I know sleep is pretty good for headaches, so ensure you get enough sleep. Oh, and stay hydrated. And fed. Dehydration, sleep deprivation, and hunger can cause headaches," Jungwon said as they walked out of the class.

"Isn't your class in the other direction?" Mei asked.

"Oh well, you know, the technicalities."

"You make no sense. Get to class." Mei said, slightly shaking her head.

"Bye, Huang."

"Bye, Yang."

Short chapters :)
It keeps me inspired ig¿

Anyway, new book alert??