~ 19 ~

"So, Mei, I want to get you better. I found some therapists, and if you're willing, I want to get you seeing one." Isla seemed serious, different from her usual bubbly persona.

"What would it do? Would it even help?"

"They'll talk to you and find ways to help you. Possibly put you in meds. But it is your decision," Isla said, unsure how Mei would take it.

"Won't it be expensive?"

"It's partially covered by insurance. But if d you're interested, don't worry about the price. If it helps, that's all that matters."

"Thank you, Isla," Mei said, giving her aunt a sincere hug.

"You have a call, Mei Lin." Isla pointed to Mei's phone on the couch.

"Oh, hi Jungwon," Mei said, picking up the phone.

"Hi, Mei! I didn't think it was your number." It wasn't Jungwon on the other end of the phone, despite it being his number.

"Sunoo?" Mei asked, very confused.

"Yeah. Me and Niki were playing on Jungwon's phone, and we saw a contact labeled 'HML' and grew curious. I mean-" Sunoo said, getting cut off by Niki, who began laughing loudly.

"You got confused by my initials?"

"Well, we didn't know them! I only know you as Mei!" Niki exclaimed. Another voice was heard in the background before a short-lived argument about giving Jungwon his phone back.

"Sorry about that. Here's Jungwon," Jake said.

"It's alright."

"Hi? Jake just gave me my phone?" Jungwon sounded confused, but the two laughs of his friends made it even more confusing for him.

"Hey, Jungwon," Mei said, sitting back on the couch.

"Oh, Mei. Hi!'' Jungwon said the moment he recognized her voice.