~ 7 ~

"Miss run away is back?" Niki asked as Jungwon and Mei made their way to the lunch table.

"Not cool, Niki. Be nice. Mei is my friend," Jungwon scolded.

"I'm not trying to be mean; I'm just playing around. I promise. I hope everything was alright, though, Mei." Niki smiled, taking a drink from his juice box.

"It's okay, don't worry. It's just a personal issue." Mei continued to question if she was ready for this again.

She couldn't let Jungwon down, though.

He seemed sincere.

He means what he says, doesn't he?

"So, Mrs. Kim and Mr. Lee are both getting fired. They got caught making out in Mrs. Kim's room. By her husband!" Sunoo said, eyes wide.

"That's not even the best part. Finish the story, Sun," Niki said, barely able to talk through his laughs.

"Her husband found them while bringing divorce papers because he discovered their three-year-old daughter wasn't his. They've been married for over ten years," Sunoo said.

"I bet it was Mr. Lee's," Niki stated, finally getting over his laughing fit.

Mei listened in with a shocked expression.

It wasn't every day who heard things like that.

Mei felt her phone vibrate on her leg, letting her know she got a message.

The Best Yang
If they become too much
Just let me know

Mei looked up from her phone before responding.

Mei
I'm fine, dw
I won't run this time

Mei smiled a little as she sent the message, letting herself try to look past the anxiety.

"Oo, is Mei messaging her boyfriend?" Niki teased, unable to see who she was even messaging.

"No?" Jungwon responded quickly.

"They're messaging each other? What's so important it can't be said to us or out loud?" Sunoo asked, clearly offended.

"None of your business. Just continue with your gossiping.''

The Best Yang
Oops

"Oops? Really?" Mei questioned, letting herself laugh.