~2~

"Headache? Again?" Jungwon asked the next day in class.

"I'll get over it. Don't waste your medicine on me," Mei said as she set her head on the desk.

"It's not wasting if it helps. And besides, it's the whole reason I have it."

"What? For me and my headaches? Sure."

"No, seriously. I started bringing it for you. And today, I have you an extra water bottle and some granola bars because I want to make sure these aren't the root of it. And if it is, I can help." Jungwon reached into his bag, pulling out a plastic bottle of water, two chocolate chip granola bars, and the bottle of Tylenol, setting them in front of Mei.

Mei seemed highly surprised at the gesture - it was unusual.

"Why?" It was all Mei could say.

"Why wouldn't I? You're my friend. I have to keep my friends healthy." Jungwon smiled, pushing the items closer to her.

"I don't do well with friends, Yang."

"You'll be just fine with me, don't worry." Mei was unsure how to respond.

"Alright. But I'm not hungry. I ate before coming here." Mei said, looking away as she pushed the granola bars back to Jungwon.

"Sure. At least drink some water then." Jungwon smiled as he slid the granola bars into the side pocket of her bag.

"Yang, Huang, stop talking before I give you detention." The teacher said, tapping the board with her pointer.

I think she lied