~ 21 ~

(T - 4 chapters)

"So, all of your work done?" Isla asked, watching Mei grab her binder of papers.

"Yep. And I've been studying kind of with Jungwon." Mei ignored the teasing smile on her aunt's face as she continued to grab her things.

"So you're staying with him all week?" Isla teased.

"Not like that, Isla. You act like you're still 16." Mei laughed as she set her things down on the couch.

"I'm only 24, give me time."

"Sure, sure."

"So~ when are you going to tell him~?" Isla cooed.

"I don't think I will; we're just friends."

"Hate to break it to you, little Mei Lin. You guys are not JUST friends. "

"Let's agree to disagree."

"At least you're not denying your feelings, but damn, are you oblivious to his," Isla said, laughing loudly as she grabbed her keys.

"Alright, so, clothes, necessities, school stuff, chargers, phone, headphones, meds, anything else?" Mei repeated out loud to herself.

"Sounds about right to me. Unless you have any gifts for your little loverboy." Isla continued to tease Mei.

"Are you going to do this the whole ride?"

"Definitely."

And as she said, she teased Mei the entire ride back to Seoul.

It was still light out, but it neared twilight when Mei and Isla arrived at the Yang's house.

"Oh! Mei! Our Jungwon told us a lot about you! He should be back here any second; we went to the convenience store down the block quickly."

"I'd be surprised if you didn't hear about her with how often they're on the phone," Isla said, teasing her niece.

"I know! I used to question why he was up so late, but I couldn't help but start eavesdropping. Oh my, if he had his door open, I'd peek in and always see a smile on his face. Our Jungwonie looked so happy, and as long as he kept his grades up, I  don't find anything wrong with it." His mom said.

"Well, speak of the devil-" his dad laughed as his car pulled up into the driveway, opposite where everyone was.

Mei stood nervously, knowing she looked different, a healthy different. But would he still look at her the same?

She stood with her hands behind her back, nodding along to what his parents were saying.

She heard the car door shut moments later, feeling something in her hand.

It was a little yellow rose with red tips.

Mei smiled back, remembering when she went on about the meaning behind flowers.

Maybe Isla was right.

"They can talk on the phone for hours but run speechless when they see each other in person~," his parents cooed as they noticed their silent interaction.

"Why don't we go in and talk for a bit? Jungwon can help Mei take her things to the guest room," Jungwon's mom said to Isla.

Getting the hint, Isla and Jungwon's parents returned to the house.

"I missed you," Jungwon said quietly, biting back a smile.

"I missed you, too. Thank you for the flower," Mei said, looking down. She knew if she met his eye, she'd begin to blush.

"I remember you telling me about them. I distinctly remember that one, and I saw it at the store, too. I thought it'd be perfect for today," Jungwon said happily.

"It is perfect."

"Is it good enough of a confession-" He said quickly.

"It's perfect."

"Do which store did you find this?" Mei asked.

"The one right down the block. By the park. Why?"

"Because I'll need to stop by to get you one of these flowers," Mei smiled.