~ 14 ~

"She's only allowing this because it'd make her look bad if she didn't, you know," Mei said as they walked down the street.

"It's not much, but it's enough for now. Now can you please tell me what's going on?" Jungwon asked, stopping as they reached the park.

"I'm going up to my aunts for a bit for the rest of the school year. I might be back to take finals, but I'd take the test and then leave again," Mei said quietly.

"You'll keep in touch with me, right?" Jungwon asked.

"I tried hard to leave no ties here. I did. I hoped that soon you'd go and I'd be able to leave without the thought of losing anyone," Mei said, refusing to look in Jungwon's direction.

"It was a long year and a half to become your friend. I won't let any distance stop that. You're not losing me for as long as I can help it," Jungwon said, gently tapping her head.

"We've been friends for a few weeks, yet you're wasting your time with me instead of the ones you've been friends with for years. You're odd, Yang."

"I might have known them for years, but like, you're Huang Mei. One of the smartest and prettiest girls in the school," Jungwon said dramatically.

"You keep calling me pretty like that; people will think you like me more than just a friend," Mei said, still looking away from her friend.

"Well, I guess they're pretty observant then," Jungwon laughed.

"What do you mean?