Traitor

Sitting in Stiles' car on the side of the road, it's a tense moment with all three of us: Stiles, Derek, and me.

Scott's voice comes through the phone, his tone worried, "Did you get the picture?" Stiles nods, confirming, "Yeah, I did, and it looks just like the drawing." Derek seizes Stiles' arm, pulling the phone closer, "Hey, is there something on the back of it? There's gotta be something-- an inscription, an opening, something..."

"No, no, the thing's flat. And, no, it doesn't open. There's nothing in it, on it, around it, nothing," Scott reports. "And where are you? You're supposed to be here. You're first line," Coach's irritated voice booms through the phone. "Where the hell is Bilinski!"

Scott explains, "Man, you're not gonna play if you're not here to start..." Stiles nods, acknowledging the situation. "I know. Look, if you see my dad, can you tell him... tell him I'll be there, I'll just be a little bit late, okay? All right, thanks." He hangs up, and Derek gives him a critical look. "You're not gonna make it," Stiles nods, a tinge of frustration in his voice. "I know," he sighs. I put a hand on his shoulder. "There will be other games." He nods.

"And you didn't tell him about his mom, either." Stiles shakes his head with resolve. "Not 'til we find out the truth." Derek glances back at me, then returns his attention to Stiles, "By the way? One more thing..." Stiles looks at him "Yea-." But before he can finnish, Derek hits Stiles' head against the steering wheel, causing Stiles to let out a groan. "DEREK!" I exclaim, both concerned and irritated by the sudden action. Stiles groans, clearly annoyed, "Oh, God! What the hell was-" Derek cuts him off, urging him to take action, "You know what that was for. Go. Go!" Stiles responds, climbing out of the car, and I quickly follow suit.

Stiles and I enter the care facility, and immediately, we start walking down the hall. "There can't be that many rooms in this place. Where the hell is Melissa?" I express my frustration, and Stiles shakes his head in agreement. Just then, my phone starts ringing. I answer, and it's Derek on the other end. "Hello?"

"Have you found her?" Derek's voice sounds urgent.

I shake my head, feeling a sense of worry, "No."

"What? You can't find her?" I look at Stiles "Yeah, I said I can't find her." I put the phone on speaker, making sure we're both aware. "Look, ask for Jennifer. She's been looking after my uncle. He's in the room by the front." We locate the room, but to our surprise, it's empty. "Yeah, well, he's not here, either." I note, a growing sense of unease.

Derek's voice becomes even more alarmed, "What?" Then, a sudden shift in tone as he becomes more urgent "Stiles, Y/n, get out of there right now! It's him! He's the Alpha! Get out!"

I glance at Stiles, a surge of terror racing through me. We turn around, only to come face to face with a man whose face is scarred by burn marks.

Peter smirks, his gaze fixed on us. "You must be Stiles, and... Y/n?" We both turn to see Nurse Jennifer's sudden appearance. "What are you doing here? Visiting hours are over."

Stiles stammers in fear, "You... and him... You're—you're the one who—Oh, my— and he's—Oh, my God, we're gonna die." I feel the tension in the air, mutter a curse under my breath, then I hear a swift sound followed by a thud. Turning around, I see Derek's clenched fist connecting with the nurse's face. Peter, feigning offense, says, "That's not nice. She's my nurse." Derek dismisses the statement, "She's a psychotic bitch helping you kill people." He glances at Stiles and me, "Get out of the way." I pull Stiles back.

We stand in the doorway of Peter's room, and he begins to speak. "You think I killed Laura on purpose? One of my own family?" Peter's words mix with the tension as he and Derek start circling each other. In a brutal moment, Peter lands a powerful hit on Derek, sending him crashing into the wall next to us. Stiles swiftly guides me away from the impending danger, pulling us behind a file cabinet. "Oh, damn..." Stiles mutters under his breath, anxiety in his eyes as we seek cover.