What a coincidence, huh?

Stiles whips the car around and we see Mrs. McCall's car in the distance the car stops and I glance at Stiles. "What now?" He asks. I glance between him and the car. "Hit the car." He looks at me. "WHAT?" I nod. "Hit the car. Not hard but just enough to keep Peter from doing anything stupid." Stiles nods and hits the back of the car, not too hard.

Stiles and I jump out of the car. Melisa and Peter climbs out too. "Oh, are you kidding me? STILES!" She says exasperatedly. I glance at her. "Mrs. McCall?" I say pretending not to know who she was. "YES!" She says annoyed. Stiles walks over to her "Wow, this is-this is just crazy. What a coincidence, huh?" He says, lying. "I mean, I do not know what happened. You guys just came out of nowhere-" Melissa looks at us angrily "Came out of nowhere??? We were parked on the side of the road, Stiles!" I nod "How crazy is that? I mean, we should probably call the cops, you know? Do like, an accident report thing?" Peter shakes his head "I don't think that's necessary." I glance at them and Stiles says "Are you sure? I think I'm feeling a little whiplash..." Melissa glares at him "Whiplash??? You hit us!" Stiles rubs his neck "I don't know... There's something definitely wrong with my neck..." 

...

Stiles drives off. "I didn't think she was going to let us leave," I remark, glancing at him. He agrees with a nod. "I think she's going to call your dad," I add, a hint of worry in my voice.
We pull up in front of my apartment, and Stiles offers to walk me in. I chuckle, appreciating his concern. "No, I'm fine," I assure him. Glancing at my phone, I ask. "Can you pick me up at like 10 tomorrow so we can check on Scott?" Stiles agrees with a nod, and I hop out of the car. "See you tomorrow, Stiles," I say, giving him a wave before making my way inside. Entering my apartment, I head straight for my bed and collapse onto it, utterly exhausted. Within minutes, I'm sound asleep.

I awaken to the persistent banging on my door. "What the heck?" I mumble groggily. Reluctantly, I make my way to the door and swing it open, revealing Stiles standing there. "Hey," I say with a big yawn. Stiles practically drags me to his car, clearly exasperated. "Why'd you ask me to pick you up in the morning if you weren't going to be awake?" he grumbles. 
I let out another yawn as I sit down in the front seat. "We both know I'm not a morning person," I retort with a hint of a smile. "But if we make a pit stop at Dunkin', I'll probably wake up." Stiles considers my proposition for a moment. "Fine, but you're paying." I flash a grin. "Sounds like a deal." Stiles starts the car, and I immediately crank up the music. "Hey, I love this song!" I declare. Stiles glances at the radio, a hint of concern in his expression. "This song is about a school shooting," he informs me. 
I give him a mock glare. "Don't ruin this for me." He smiles and steers the car into the Dunkin' drive-thru. "What do you want?" I glance at the menu. "A Strawberry Coolatta, and throw in a coffee for Scott." Stiles places the order, getting himself a hot cocoa. We roll up to the window, and he hands me the drinks. I offer him my card, and he makes the payment. Sipping my drink, we set off for Scott's place.

We pull into Scott's driveway, and I grab the coffee intended for him as we head to the door. I knock, and when Scott answers, his hair is a wild mess, and he's got a look of distress on his face. "I need help," he mutters. I offer the coffee to him. "I brought coffee," I say with a smile. Scott accepts it, downing the entire thing in one go. I comment quietly, "That's not healthy..." He ushers us inside. "Can you call my phone?" I nod and dial his number, as we follow him throughout the house, ending up in his room. I lay down on his bed, sipping my Coolatta and continuing to call his phone, over and over. 

"Call it again," Scott requests. I groan in frustration. "It's not here." Stiles takes a seat in Scott's chair. "Okay, so you lost your phone. Why don't you just get a new one?" Meanwhile, Scott rummages through his bookshelf. "I can't afford a new one, and I can't do this alone. We have to find Derek." I glance at him, puzzled. "Why would it be in the books?" I say, speaking softly. Stiles, appearing somewhat offended, looks at Scott. "Well, A) you're not alone; you have us. And B) Didn't you say Derek walked into gunfire? He sounds pretty dead." I sit up, alarmed. "Wait, WHAT?" 

Scott shakes his head. "Argent's plan was to use him to get to the Alpha. They're not going to kill him." I interject, demanding clarification. "Rewind!" Scott sighs, his patience wearing thin. "Alright, so then, just let them do what they're planning, you know? They use Derek to find Peter, problem solved," Stiles suggests.

Scott shakes his head while rummaging around in his bathroom. "Not if Peter's going after Allison to find Derek! I can't protect her on my own, which means we either find Derek first—" I cut him off, growing increasingly frustrated. "Backtrack! Why didn't you tell me about Derek?" Scott shakes his head again, pleading, "Just—just help me!" I groan in exasperation. "Why don't you tell me things... ever?" I call his phone again.

"You know, you probably lost it when you two were fighting. You remember that? When he was trying to kill you?" Stiles remarks. "After you interrupted him trying to kill Jackson? Are you starting to see a pattern of violent behavior here?" I sip my drink. "He wasn't going to kill anyone. And I'm not letting him die," Scott says firmly. 

Stiles, his frustration apparent, says, "Could you at least think about letting him die? For me?" I glare at Stiles. "No, Stiles." 

Scott diverts his attention toward his bedroom door. Stiles and I exchange puzzled glances. "What?" Scott glances at us. "My mom just got home from work." He maintains a concerned expression while watching the door. Stiles inquires, "Is she okay? What's she doing?" Scott, his gaze still fixed on the door, replies, "Crying." I frown. "Oh." Scott takes a seat at the end of his bed. Stiles sighs, attempting to reason with Scott. "Scott, you can't protect everyone." Scott shakes his head adamantly. "I have to."

(Time skip to school)

"So you're banned from the dance?" I ask. Scott nods. "So... What's happening with Alison?" Stiles chimes in. I nod, showing my concern. "You watched over her last night, but the dance..." Stiles trails off. Scott nods with a hint of worry in his eyes. "I have a really bad plan." I sigh and lean back. "I feel like we, as a group, say that phrase way too often."

...

"Do you want me to take her to the formal?" Jackson asks. Stiles and I nod in agreement. Scott says, "I don't want you to— I need you to." Jackson, with an eye roll, syas, "Screw you. You know what? Screw you, too, and you. In fact, screw each other," pointing to us. Stiles quickly defends Scott, saying, "Hey, you know he saved your life, right?" Jackson scoffs, "He left me for dead!" I glare at him. "He got shot for you," Jackson rolls his eyes, "Oh, yeah? Show me the bullet wound." Scott sighs, "You know it healed." Jackson, in a nod, responds sarcastically, "Convenient."

I fix my stern gaze on him, insisting, "Just do it for Allison." Scott agrees with a firm nod, "She's in serious danger – I'm talking around-the-clock danger. She needs someone to keep an eye on her at the dance."Jackson glances between us, still hesitant, and retorts, "Have her dad do it, okay? He's the one actually equipped to handle this."

Scott, his patience thinning, argues, "How am I supposed to do that and keep him from finding out about me?"Jackson starts to walk away, but Scott quickly steps in front of him, blocking his path. "You're her friend, too," he implores. Jackson glares, clearly conflicted. Scott persists, "You are. All that time you spent with her to get to me? You can't tell me you didn't get to know her and like her. It's Allison— it's impossible not to like her. You can't tell me you don't care if she gets hurt." Jackson glances at us "What if I get hurt?"

Scott sighs, "Then it's worth it." Jackson shakes his head,, "Not to me." He walks away. I let out a frustrated breath, "Well, we tried." Stiles nods, "Can't exactly say I told you so... Because that's not strong enough. How about, 'I'm always right, and you should listen to whatever I have to say and never disagree ever, ever, for the sake of your wolfihood?'" Scott glares at Stiles.

"I'm not done," Scott continues. Stiles sighs and leans back on the locker. "You're not done... Okay..." I join Stiles in leaning against the locker. "He's gonna do something dumb, right?" Stiles nods, and just moments later, we hear Jackson yell and Scott growl. "Yep, something dumb," I say, shaking my head.

Sorry it took so long. I love you guys. 

-N. Star