Truth

"What" Ransom stands there in disbelief of what he just heard.

"Here is neither the time nor place to discuss this" Evelyn replies.
"You were pregnant" Ransom stands frozen in shock from her words.

"I'm gonna go" Evelyn says trying to slip past him but he moves in front of her stopping her.
"No we are gonna discuss this" Ransom seethes.
"Rans..."

"Honey there you are I thought you were going to the bathroom, what you doing out here?" Chloe interrupts them shooting Evelyn a rather dirty look.
"I did then I needed a smoke" Ransom replies coldly.
"You promised you would give up" she gives him a pouty look.
"Well I needed one" he shoots back.

Evelyn had managed to slip away during their altercation.
"I need to leave" Evie says to Micheal dashing inside to make her excuses.

"I need to leave now" she whispers to Harvey.
"What's happened" he looks at her and can tell she's trying not to fall apart in front of everyone.
"He knows" she whispers trying to not let herself crumble "Well he knows some of it" but that's enough for Harvey to understand.
"We will go" he signals for Donna.

"No you guys stay and have fun I will go" she argues.
"I will go with her" Donna replies knowing Harvey and Michael should stay as it's a business party.

"Evelyn dear are you okay?" Harlan now approaches.

"I'm not feeling to well so I'm going to head home with Donna" she fakes a smile knowing Harlan can see straight through her lie.
"Well I hope you feel better soon dear, I would love to see you again soon" he smiles at her.
"Thanks it was great to see you, I will come and visit when I can" she responds to him as she shrugs off Michael's jacket and before making a swift exit with Donna.

In the car Evelyn is sat with Donna trying to help her steady her breathing.
"Why did I tell him" her voice barley audible.
"Oh sweetie everything is going to be fine" Donna strokes her hair.

Once back in the safety of Harvey's apartment, she changes from her dress into comfy clothes and snuggles on the sofa.
"Here you go" Donna hands her a glass of wine as she joins her on the sofa.

"God I need this, why did I have to open my mouth, he was better never knowing" Evelyn sighs.
"Maybe it's for the best he knows now" Donna turns to face her "You will feel better for not having to carry that secret around with you anymore, maybe you will finally get some closure"

The urge for a hit right now is strong but she can't show that side of herself to the people here, she doesn't want to show them how far she's fallen from the girl they once knew.
They sit there in silence until Donna notices the time.

"Almost midnight" she smiles getting up to grab her coat and heads over to the balcony with Evie following.
They stand there in the cold admiring the view, the cold air is welcomed on her skin by Evie.

"I'm glad we didn't miss it" Harvey's voice comes from behind them. As he and Micheal appear on the balcony.
"Here" he drapes a blanket round Evie.

"You guys should be at the party, Micheal what about that new girl you like?" she gives him a smirk.
"There will be plenty of other parties we are right where we should be" Michael smiles at her.

"TEN
NINE
EIGHT
SEVEN
SIX
FIVE
FOUR
THREE
TWO
ONE
HAPPY NEW YEAR"
All but Evelyn shouts as she is lost in her thoughts.