Infinity

Flashback

Meet me at the lake in 15minutes.
The text made Evie's heart stop, she hadn't heard from Ransom in over a year.

Attending Harvard met she could stay in Boston but that didn't mean she could see Ransom.

Her life has been crazy to say the least, if she wasn't studying then she was at her parents law firm, or doing internships at a couple of other law firms for further experience.

She was exhausted and her parents didn't even have the common decency to attend her graduation, where she was valedictorian. Instead she looked out into the crowd to see Harvey, Donna and Harlan.

Despite her heart breaking that her parents couldn't even be bothered to attend their only daughters graduation in a degree they forced her to do, she couldn't help a little smile at seeing the people who seem to by her side.

After graduation they took her out for dinner before she came back to an empty house, after being told her parents had a last minute emergency case to take care of out of state.

Now she was staring at a text from someone she hasn't heard from in what feels like a lifetime.

Slipping on her a dress, she heads out to drive the short distance to the lake at the back of the Thrombey estate.
Parking up and walking to the waters edge she takes in the cool summer air.

"Congratulations valedictorian" Ransom's voice comes from behind her and her breath catches in her throat.
"That was one hell of a speech you made" this comment causes her to whip round and face him.

"How would you know?" her voice is shaky.
"I was there" he simply shrugs.
"What!" She can't hide the pure shock in her voice.

"Harlan invited me, but it was your moment so I hid at the back and watched. I always knew you were smart so wasn't shocked when I heard you were valedictorian" Ransom smiles at her.

"You.... You were there" the words struggling to sink in for her to believe.
"Of course I was Evie" he moves closer to her.

"Why didn't you sit with the others?" She now asks.
"I thought about it but we hadn't spoken in a while and thought I didn't have the right to be there with the people who have supported you through everything" he now admits hanging his head to look at the floor.

"Ransom it doesn't matter if we haven't spoke in a while you are still important to me, you should've been sat there" she steps closer and hooks her finger under his chin forcing him to look at her.
"I'm glad to know you were there even if it was hiding in the back" she smiles at him.

"I got you a gift" He fumbles reaching into his pocket.
"You didn't have to" she smiles as he produces a jewellery box.

He hands it over and she slowly opens it, revealing a dainty silver infinity sign necklace.
"I just wanted you to know that even if I'm not always with you physically, I will always be with you somehow for infinity" he has a small blush covering his cheeks and it's a side to Ransom she's never seen before.

He's always cocky and so sure of himself but right now he's vulnerable, she likes this side of him.
"Ransom it's beautiful" she runs her fingers over it gently before picking it up.
"Can you?" She asks holding up the necklace.

"Course" he takes the necklace while she moves her hair out the way.
Electricity runs through her body as Ransom's fingers ghost over her skin.

He gently places a kiss on her neck and she can't help the gigantic smile that takes up her entire face.
"Let me see" he says spinning her round "Beautiful" he looks into her eyes before he looks down at the necklace hanging on her neck.