Pinch me

The one month book tour was a crazy whirlwind, with Ransom being there right alongside her.
Days were spent conducting interviews and signing books, but evenings were spent between the sheets with her husband.

Husband!
She still has to pinch herself to believe it's real.
Mrs Drysdale.

As she lays staring at her husband who's sleeping soundly in their new apartment in Boston.
Oh yeah somehow within the month Ransom had managed to buy her dream apartment for them to live in blissful matrimony. Okay when she says Ransom she really means Donna, because everything from the location to the gorgeous interior design is exactly what she dreamed of. That woman really does know her better than she knows herself.
Note to self get Donna the best thank you present.

Evie still currently has her LA apartment but they've talked about buying a new place there together as well so they can split their time between Boston and LA. She may have only been there a few years and some really terrible stuff that's still haunts her to this day happened there, but it's become her second home. Some of her closest friends live there. It's also where her publishers and agents are so having a place there will definitely come in handy.

Her phone pings with the notification she's woke up early waiting for.
"Holy fucking shit I don't believe it" she shouts startling Ransom from his sleep.
"What! What is it, what's wrong?" He's asks panicked.
"Read" is all she can manage to say thrusting her phone in his face.

"Holy Shit" Ransom shouts before he's pulling her into his arms and kissing her entire face telling her how proud of her he is.
"It's real right I'm not dreaming" she whispers.
"It's real I'm married to the number 1 best selling author" he brings his lips down on hers.
As the kiss heats up Ransom pulls her onto his lap so she's straddling him completely naked.
Just as he's about to line himself up with her soaked entrance there's a loud knock at the front door.

"Errr" Ransom groans "Can't they have given us a moment to celebrate this news alone it's so early."
"At least they knocked and didn't just walk in on us because we both know they all have keys to this apartment" she laughs.
"Don't remind me" he groans, before looking down defeatedly at his hard dick.
"But don't worry we will continue this later" she smirks at him giving him one last deep kiss grinding on him ever so slightly, before she gets out of bed throwing on some sweats and one of Ransom's t-shirts.

"Congratulations" they all shout as she answers the door. Michael instantly scoops her up in his arms to spin her around.
"Let's celebrate" Harvey shouts popping the champagne bottle after placing her favourite pastries down.

"I couldn't be prouder of you" Donna is next to sweep her into her arms as soon as Michael places her feet on the ground.
Ransom comes into the kitchen, finding the champagne glasses and handing them to P Harvey so he can pour as Micheal begins to read the reviews of her book out loud.
"Oh shhh" she blushes and snatches the phone out of her hand.

"You know I have them memorised I can continue telling you what they say" he smirks.
"Of course you do Mr I memorise everything and I don't let people forget it" she rolls her eyes.
"Continue" Ransom says passing his phone back to him and jokingly placing a hand over Evie's mouth.

"They all love your book" Micheal says coming over to show her the screen and scrolls through the reviews.
"To Evie" Donna shouts and the others join in raising their glasses.

This is definitely a pinch me moment.
"This is almost as good as your first court win" Harvey jokes before giving her a hug.
"I did kick ass in court that day" she smiles.
"Yeah you did" he replies picking up the pastry box and holding it out in front of her.

"God you truly are the best" she says before taking a bite of her favourite pastry causing her to moan.
"Keep those noises just for my ears" Ransom whispers teasingly in her ear.
"Didn't need to hear that" Harvey screws up his face.
"Not sorry" he smirks.

"God you two you are sickening" Micheal fakes gags.
"Speaking of which how is that mysterious girl you have been seeing" Evie raises an eyebrow at him.
"How did you know?" He says defensively before sighing and looking at Donna.

"Don't look at me" she says her lips turned up slightly at either side.
"You should know by now Donna knows everything, now let's sit down so you can tell me everything" she replies refilling both their glasses.

"Who is she?"
"How did you meet?"
"When can I meet her?"
"Tell me everything!"
"Poor guy" Ransom mutters earring a glare from his wife.

Evie picks up the box of baked goods, before leading Micheal to the sofa for all the latest gossip.

That evening she's sat with Harlan in his library with a glass of champagne.
"None of this would've been possible without you" she says her eyes filled with emotion as she looks at him.

"Oh nonsense sweet girl, this was all you" he points to her book that's he's displaying proudly.
"How many times have we both just sat and read together or read to each other, discussed our love of writing. Harlan without you to help me realise my true dream and passion none of this would've been possible. You're also one of the first people to believe in me" she places a hand on his.
"And clearly I was right to" he smiles at her. "But honestly I need to be thanking you"

"Whatever for?" She asks seriously confused about what on earth he could be thanking her for.
"For loving Ransom for who he is" his smile genuine. "We both know he's known to be the family's black sheep, and at times I worried about him. But there was one thing that always humbled him, and that was you. My grandson when he's around you is like a completely different person, he's less well to put it bluntly, less of a self entitled dick"

Evie bursts out laughing and Harlan joins in.
"But it's true. He may not have ever put in a hards day work, but your love makes him want to be a better person. He may have his flaws but the fact that you love him for flaws and all, well that I'm thankful for. I couldn't ask for a better granddaughter"
Tears begin to form in her eyes.

"He makes it easy to love him, and I will never understood why his family never gave him unconditional love. Well except for you of course. We are both flawed and that's what makes us perfect. I couldn't imagine loving or spending my life with anyone else. I used to think what we had was toxic that we weren't good for each other because he kept hurting each other. It's only now that I realise all those times we did something to hurt each other it was out of fear, and that it hurt because we truly loved each other, we just didn't know it then." She swipes at the tears that have fallen.

"I couldn't imagine my life with anyone else either, you are the love of my life Mrs Drysdale" Ransom appears at the door.
He walks over kneeling in front of her as he begins to swipe at the tears.
"Now I think it's time I take my wife home" he places a kiss on her forehead before whispering in her ear.
"We have our own celebration to continue wifey"