Chapter Twenty-Seven

Sienna

Chapter Twenty-Seven

"Ben!" someone screamed.  It was hard for me to understand everything they were saying, because every few seconds Ben pushed my head underwater.  He yanked me back up again just as quickly, and I managed to gasp for a breath of air each time.  I was also able to hear snippets of what the person was saying.  "What . . . doing?!"

Ben only laughing like he was demented or something.  "Mwahahahaha!"

I should never have looked for Ben in the woods last night.  It is probably the biggest mistake of my entire life.  Ben should really have warning labels on him.  He's just as dangerous as toxic poisons.

You see, after he fell out of nowhere, he landed right on top of me.  My back still hurts!  I swear he weighs more than a whale, even if he is pretty skinny.  I threatened him to get off of me, and luckily he listened. But my back hurt so bad that I didn't even bother to get up.  Ben sat near me by a tree and just stared at me for three hours straight.  Or maybe it was four hours - I lost count after two.

Once my back started to feel better and I could actually force myself to get up, I started to head back to camp.  Ben started to cry and whine that I couldn't leave him out in the forest by himself.  I easily told him that I could, but then this weird psychotic look washed across his face.  He grabbed me by my wrist and yanked me towards him, and he effortlessly threw me over his shoulder.  I was praying he'd get tired and collapse, but that didn't seem to happen.  It was the one time in my life I'll ever probably wish I weighed more.

Somehow we ended up by the river, and he started to endlessly dunk my head under the water.  I don't know if he was trying to kill me, or just trying to get his point across.  But then again, I have no idea what that "point" was.  He just went all psycho on me for no dang reason.

Ben shoved my head underwater again, and my lungs felt like they were going to explode.  Even though he routinely yanked my head out of the water before repeating his little process he had going on, I was too busy trying to cough up water to really breathe.

I was dreadfully anticipating being shoved back underwater, only it never happened.  Ben's strong hold on my head was suddenly pulled away, and I tumbled onto my back.  I immediately started to cough up so much water that I was afraid I had swallowed the whole river.

"Ben, what's wrong with you?"

I recognized that voice . . . .  They sounded annoyed, embarrassed, and a little crazy . . . it had to be Adriana.  Anyone else would have already beaten Ben to a pulp.

"She wasn't being nice to me," Ben whined.  I swiped away some water that was covering my eyelids before opening them and glaring at him.  Ben was so stupid.  His big bottom lip was puckered out and he had the worst puppy dog look ever.  It made him look like a chubby baby.  An ugly, chubby baby, I should add.

"I don't blame her," Adriana snapped.  "You're a complete psycho.  It's a shame you don't have your pills with you."

Pills?  Pills?!  Oh, great, that can't be good.  I really shouldn't be surprised that he takes pills though.  He's insane!

 Ben smiled creepily.  His lips were spread across his entire face.  "No, actually!  It's a good thing!  I can finally be my natural self.  And anyway, my pills had the worst side effects ever.  I got these horrible rashes on my -"

"Ew!  No, Ben!  TMI!" I squealed, quickly covering my ears with my hands to prevent him from permanently scarring me.

"What?" asked Ben, raising his eyebrows at me.  "It's the truth.  Those dang rashes never went away, and they itched like crazy."