Chapter 50: Progress

Misty's POV

It's been about three weeks since Miranda made an appearance and since then you've been keeping a close eye on her. You had realized how much you missed her and how much she missed you. You often caught her stealing glances at you when she thought you weren't looking, to be fair, you've been doing the same. You had kept her in her own home, quarantined if you will. She couldn't be farther than three feet from her house, how you may ask? MaGiC. You were sitting on the couch, re- remembering how to use your abilities. You could do the basics, lift an object, teleport, make fire, ect. You were currently trying to find out how many things you could make float before you ran out of energy, cause, why the fuck not.

You were on your seven-hundredth object when Miranda walked in. She had a simple oversized shirt on and some shorts. Her blond hair was combed neatly and her pale skin had returned to its normal color. The scar on her face was slightly lighter than the rest of her skin. While you hated Y/N for giving her the mark, you understood the circumstances, and desperate times call for desperate measures. You looked up into her icy blue eyes as she stared into your purple ones and you couldn't help but get lost in them. You feel your concentration waver and the objects begin to descend, you quickly snap out of your trance and regain your concentration, the objects floating back up.

"Yes?" you asked, breaking Miranda out of her own trance

"Umm, I just wanted to talk to you..."

She was fidgeting and shifting from foot to foot. After all these years, you never thought you would still be able to get her nervous, then again, you never thought you'd see her again.

"About what Miranda? I'm kinda busy at the moment." you say gesturing to the many random objects floating around

"Us."

You nearly dropped everything, but quickly regained composure. You had wanted to avoid this talk, but then again, you wanted to avoid a lot of things.

"Fine." you sighed

You gently lower all the items into their respective places as Miranda sits on the far end of the couch. You wanted to be closer to her but not yet, not when she could snap at any moment and walk away. The room was filled with silence until you sighed and broke the silence.

"Miranda...what happened? I mean...after I died..."

She looked down, unable to meet your eyes. You were getting irritated with the silence. You wave your hand and pull Miranda closer, making her give a small scream. You pull her face in your hand and make her face you, your hand squeezing her cheeks.

"Fucking tell me Miranda." you snapped, "Karl was such a respectful young man when I first met him, they all loved you to bits, now they're treating you like a damn stranger. And where the fuck is Salvator Moreau, where's my little fish?!"

Your voice was breaking up and you felt a hum of energy around you. Your breathing was heavy as Miranda calmly looked at you. She gently grabbed your wrist and you release her.

"Breath." she muttered as she intertwined her fingers in yours.

You take a deep breath and release it, your sudden irritation and anger beginning to disappear.

"I'll tell you..." she mumbled

She brought your hand to her lips and you enjoyed the warmth of her touch and the softness of her lips on your hand. If only you could feel that on your own lips.

"When you passed, I was broken Misty...I don't know how to explain it, only that I had felt it only once before when my Eva passed. I became cold and numb, unfortunately becoming short tempered and cold to everyone, including my own children."

"You were broken..." you mumbled

She only nodded.

"It was interesting to say the least. You were the only one that could break my walls, no matter how stubborn and cold I was, you alway came back. But when you didn't I just..." she trailed off, unable to finish.

"What about Sal?"

"I don't know where he is...he disappeared after my 'death', I'm still looking for him..."

Silence befell the room and Miranda kissed your knuckles. Your body shutters slightly and you feel your cheeks heat up slightly. Miranda notices and smirks. You turn your head away slightly, as Miranda continues to hold your hands. You didn't want her to let go and by the looks of it, she wasn't going to let go either.

You face her again and she looks at you through her lashes. Taking a hand back you place it on her cheek and tilt her head up, making her look at you. You lean forward and Miranda stills. You were inches away, her eyes fluttered, your lips brushed against hers until you grabbed the spell book behind her and pulled away. You open the book and glance at her, her face is red and she looks at you. You face her and smirk before turning back to your book, flipping to the right page.

Before you could do anything Miranda grabbed your face and planted a hungry kiss on your lips. After getting over the shock you return the kiss. You missed how soft her lips were as you leaned down, laying her down on the cushions. You break the kiss and you both gasp, breathing heavily.

"I missed that." you hear her mumble

You chuckle and look into her eyes, icy blue eyes now darkened with lust, no doubt your's were too, but you know you couldn't, not now.

"Not yet Miranda. I missed it just as much as you do but-"

"We just can't..." she finished

You nod and as you are getting off her she pulls you back down, making you land on top of her. She wraps her arms around you, gently rubbing your back.

"I at least want to be able to touch you..." she whispers

You simply nod and place your arms on her sides, relaxing into her embrace. You both lay there for a while until you both fall asleep in each other's embrace. 

(Word Count: 1024)