Chapter 43: She's Alive...

You finally track down the girl's scent and you soon follow it to the library. The smell of dried blood, and...arousal filled your nose. Arousal? As you walked closer to the library doors the smell of Mary also filled your nose. Ahh shit. You do a 180 and quickly go the other way, your face red and flustered.

"Girls!" you call, your voice slightly horse

After a few moments you hear the buzzing of flies and within moments the three girls appear in front of you, wide grins plastered on their faces. The small of their own arousal along with Mary's was strong and you sneezed at the sudden strong smell.

"Mom?" Dani's voice snapped you out of your thoughts, "Are you feeling alright, your face is awfully red."

"I-I'm fine." you squeak out.

You quickly shake your head and rub your nose, before getting back to the matter at hand.

"That's not what's important, what's important is that we need to get you three and the Winter's in a safe place."

Their smiles faded, replaced with a look of worry and concern. They nodded and began following you to the Winter's bedroom.

'Please let them be there' you thought as you zipped down the castle halls, the girls close behind.

A Short Walk Later

When you make it to the Winter's you give a short knock at the door. Hopefully all three of them were still in there, you couldn't tell, their scent lingered around the room for so long it just smelled like they were always there. After a few moments a very disheveled looking Ethan opens the door. He smiles at you, but when he sees the girls behind you his smile falters a little.

"What do you need?" he asked, still looking at your daughters, attitude leaking in his tone and scent.

You roll your eyes and glare at him.

"Is Mia and Rose in the room?"

"Ya? Why did something happen?"

"Nothing right now, but I need all of you in one room so I at least know you're safe."

You quickly open the door further and push past Ethan. Pulling him in with you, you wait for the girls to walk in before shutting the door. Mia was sitting on the bed, book in hand, a sleeping Rose on her chest. She looked at you curiously as you turned back to Ethan.

"What the fuck Y/N!"

"Shut up Ethan, we're all in danger right now, okay?! Nothing is happening right now, but I'm not taking any chances!"

"Did something happen to Mother?!" Cass jumps in, her voice full of worry.

"No I-"

"Is it Uncle Karl or Aunt Donna?" Bela interrupts

"No, bu-"

"Is it the Lycans?" Dani butts in

"I control those Dani. Bu-"

"Is it-" Ethan starts

"Goddamn it, will you let me finish?!"

They all grew quiet, the sound of everyone's heartbeats filled your ears as you gave a small sigh before continuing.

"It's Miranda, she's...she's alive."

The air was still, no one daring to move or speak.

"N-no, s-she can't be..." Mia stuttered, her voice a small whisper, "We saw you stab her, the explosion was supposed to kill her."

You rubbed the back of your neck and took a breath.

"How?" Ethan asked confusion written on his face

"I don't know. I thought we killed her the first time. Her body was still and lifeless."

Everyone grew quiet. Suddenly Ethan's eyes lit up in realization and he quietly gasped.

"Y/N, when Mia was kidnapped by Miranda, she replaced her." Ethan breathed, the geers in his head turning.

"What do you mean replace me?" Mia asked, confused.

"She took your form, shapeshifting I think. And when Chris 'killed' her she appeared dead."

"So you're telling me that she can mimic appearances. From something as elaborate as shapeshifting into Mia, to something as simple as faking her death..."

You trailed off, it was suddenly hard to breathe. Ethan just nodded and you took a deep breath, taking in everyone's scent. Thankfully no one smelled of crow.

"How do we find her?" Bela asked

You thought for a moment. That's when you felt your wolf creep up into your mind, her low voice filling your head.

"The Mold." she whispered, "We used it to find Mia, we can use it to find Miranda..."

"The Mold." you whisper

"The Mold?" Cass questioned

You didn't answer, you just closed your eyes and concentrated. Soon your 6th sense activated, sending a slight tingle throughout your body. You could 'see' everyone. Bella, Dani, and Cass. Ethan, Mia, and even little Rose. You concentrated harder and felt your mind expand, the vibration of your own heartbeat echoing in your vision. You saw Alcina as her footsteps echoed around her. She was walking to the front door, someone was waiting there, but you couldn't tell who, it was like an annoying buzzing in your vision. Suddenly your wolf rammed into your mind, warning you that something was terribly wrong. You snap your eyes open and rush to the door before opening the door you turn to everyone in the room.

"Please stay here and don't come out. Bela, Dani, Cass, please keep the Winter's safe."

They all nod in response.

"And Ethan, Mia?" they both look up at you, their eyes holding fear in them, "Please keep my girls safe in here."

They both nod and you leave the room, you close and lock the door before sprinting down the hall. Before you could stop it you started to transform, your wolf urging speed. You raced down the hall hoping to make it in time. 

(Word Count: 895)