Chapter 8

"Samson has a girlfriend"

We're having a little hangout like we do occasionally since my final year.

Anastasia, also in my field is doing her training in her dad's clinic oversees. It's only a formality though, she's always home living her usual soft life.

Vivien is graduating this year, she's in Environmental management.

And the only boy in our group, David. David had graduated around the same time as Jo. He studied Medicine.

We, me and the girls, met at a fresher's party back in our first year in school. I and Ana knew each other first from having classes together, probably why we're the closest. She had a bubbly personality and it was hard to not notice someone like her. She was the one who invited me to the fresher's party, in fact, we ended up going together. Vivien and Ana had a conversation and at the end of the party they had joined me and introduced Vivie to our little gang.

Our friendship continued to grow from there and we found ourselves doing more outings together.

It was at one of these outings that we met David. I was the one who introduced him to Ana and Vivie. I had seen him with one of my idol doctors and I wanted to connect. Unfortunately he wasn't a pharmacist like I thought, just a doctor.
David is more like a mentor turn friend.

One thing I absolutely love about us is that we always turn up for each other.
Our friendship is totally friendship goals.

"That son of a .... beautiful mother" Vivie has been heavy on not cursing lately. We've told her it's not going to work, because it's not.

"It's not even two months yet" Ana says shaking her head in dissapointment.

"how do you know?" I ask David

"Everybody knows. I'm surprised you guys haven't heard" he drinks water before continuing "her name is Hannah and she's in English, final year. They've been together close to a month already"

"I'm happy he's moving on" I say surprising all of them

"Did you say happy?" Ana asks "are you okay?" she adds and laughs a sarcastic kind of laugh

"Dani baby, you don't have to pretend with us" Vivie assures me

"I'm really happy for him. It's good to know he's getting his life back together"

"Doesn't seem like his life wasn't put together after the break up. At all" David says

"I don't care. We're over and I'm over him"

"You've dated since your hundred level Dani, there's no way you're over him" Ana says

"But I am"

"You are not" she says

"I am"

"You are not" this time Vivie says it with her.

"I am not" I agree with a smile
I'm afraid if I don't laugh I'll cry.

"I can teach him a lesson, just say the words" David tells me

"No, thank you" I reject his generous offer "can we not talk about him anymore? My whole life doesn't revolve around Sam" I'm telling them but I'm also reminding myself that other things that aren't Sam matter.

"Life update!" Vivie announces almost immediately and we all pay attention "hate that this is happening the same time Dani got her heart broken" she gives me a sympathetic smile and there's a pause before she screams "Michael proposed. And I said yes!" and we all scream together ignoring people looking at us.

"We didn't even know you guys were still a thing since he finished school" Ana says

I look at David and his guilty face. Of course he knew, Michael is his younger brother after all.
The story of how Vivie started dating David's younger brother is still unbelievable.

"Everything happened so fast" Vivien tries to explain herself and Ana does a mimick of her.

"I'm happy for you" I say and this time it's real.

"I'm happy for me too" Vivie smiles and just now I'm beginning to notice her extra glow.

"David, how's Bella doing?" Vivie asks knowingly trying to poke into every one else's love life.

"Bella as in Masscomunication Bella? How are you guys meeting people outside your field?" Ana says. Her current boyfriend, Victor, was also in Pharmacy, though he had completed his training a year ago.

"There's nothing between me and Bella. We're just friends" David tells a terrible lie

"Aren't you too old to be using that line?" I ask him and he smiles

"It's not a lie, we're friends" he repeats

"And you Ana'' Vivie gets to her turn and before she even says anything Ana is blushing.

Isn't love a beautiful thing?

"I guess I'm expecting a proposal soon too" Ana says smiling from ear to ear.

I'm not sad that I'm the only one that hasn't worked out a relationship. I'm too busy being happy for my best friends to think of being jealous.

Besides, I'm not in a hurry to settle down.

I'm not very old yet.