Chapter 29

Ana and David won.

I am very sure if they had stood with me and talked some sense unto Vivie this wedding wouldn't be happening.

I understand why David would say that since they're literally  brothers but Ana is a woman like Vivie, supporting her best friend into an abusive marriage is definitely the last thing I expected from her. We're not best of friends again, me and Ana, but at least now we tolerate each other.

The wedding was not cancelled, only postponed.

I was hoping she would use the extra time to really think about what she wants and her future as a whole. Marriage is not something she should be pressured into.

But unfortunately, or is it fortunately, the wedding is happening.

I may not be happy with her decision but she is my friend and there is no way I would miss her wedding, even if her husband to be is an abusive bastard and a dog.

I'm a part of her bridal train, alongside Ana, her younger sister Jessica, David's girlfriend Bella, and the most unexpected member of the train Hannah.

When we showed up earlier this weekend for the wedding getaway before the main ceremony and I saw her, I almost lost my cool. But the most annoying part was when seconds later Samson walked in to join her. Even Ana was not pleased to see either of them.

Apparently, Micheal and Hannah are friends from church, I almost laughed at that. Really? Friends from church? and he wanted her to be part of the train. Though i still have no idea why the groom has a say in the bridal train. Samson happened to be her plus one.

I haven't been angry at Samson since I started therapy. Now that i think back to the past, he was right along though I'm not failing to admit that he had communicated it very wrongly. I was at fault and I accept it. There's no reason to be mad at him. Samson is in my past and I've moved on, sincerely.

"Hey Dani, we're all going for a swim wanna join?" Bella's voice brings me back from inside my head.

I smile at her "I'll rather just stay here"

Ana looks at me like she wants to say something but she doesn't.

"Common, Dani" Vivie tries to persuade me

"I'll rather not" I tell her and with the way she nods I know she understands why I'm not going with everybody else.

They're going to be meeting with the boys, and the boys meaning Samson and although I am not totally going crazy with him around or  when I see Hannah and the little bulge forming on her stomach, if there's a chance to save myself the torture then I will.

"Okay, bye!'' Vivie waves at me turning to leave with the rest of the girls.

.  .  .

I'm reading a book when I hear a soft knock on my room's door. The very low sound startles me because there's absolutely nobody left in the house they all went swimming a while back and I'm certain they're not back yet.

I look over my book to see Samson.

"Hey" he greets.

The last time I saw Samson was at our end of training party where we had kissed, the same kiss that sort of lost me my best friend.

"Hi" I answer forcing a smile.

"I had a feeling you'd be here, I wanted to talk to you" he tells me walking further into my room after shutting the door. He sits a reasonable distance away from me before coughing to clear his throat "I know I have alot of explaining to do" he says

"You don't owe me any explanation" I tell him "and us talking would most likely not end well" I add.

"I wasn't lieing when I told you I and Hannah were done. She asked me to come with her to this wedding but I swear there's nothing going on between us" he's desperately trying to explain himself.

"I don't care if something's going on with you two. I'm not your girlfriend anymore" I say and this time I mean it.

"Dani, I really like you and i fucked up big time and I'm sorry. I can't live without you"

I laugh "You've been living without me for the past six months" I remind him.

"I'm sorry"

"I'm the one who's sorry. I ruined our relationship. I was crazy, I needed help" I quote him and I see him shake his head disagreeing with me "No, you don't have to pretend, I understand now. I accept it. I'm actually seeing a therapist now" I smile at the last part subconsciously

I see his eyes widen in suprise and it only makes me smile more.

"That's... that's good" he manages to say "We can give this another chance, forget that any of what had happened happened" he adds

"Maybe one day, we can fix this. But not now" I quote him again.