Chapter 17

Priscilla welcomes me with a hug immediately I enter.

We haven't seen each other much this week, I've been busy with work and she has been busy with her college entrance examinations, so I understand the joy.

I smile at her "someone's in a good mood"

She smiles back at me, more like a blush really. "Where have you been? It's as if we're no longer living together?" she's whining as she takes my bag from me searching if I brought back anything for her, as usual.

"there's nothing in my bag, drop it" I tell her making my way to the fridge. I need a drink.

She's following me "you don't like me again, when last did you get me chocolates?"

"I feed you and you're living under my roof, be grateful"

"Those are normal things, I'm your responsibility" she drawls on the last word sitting on the kitchen's counter.

"Who says you're my responsibility? I'm somebody's child, just like you"

"A way older child if you ask me"

I take a bottle of beer not caring for a glass and I take a gulp before joining her in the kitchen.

Priscilla is looking at me.
"where did you go?" She asks still looking at me suspiciously

"none of your bussiness"

"What's wrong with you? You never take beer just because"

"Also none of your business"

"I'm almost an adult now, I'll be 18 before you know it, you can tell me stuff"

I take another sip of the beer, its cold, maybe it would reduce the rage inside of me.

"Being 18 doesn't make you an adult, that's just a formality"

"fine, I just really want to know what's happening to you?"

I drop my beer "you don't have to worry about that"
I really can't imagine telling my younger sister, almost daughter, about what happened with Sam.

She sighs, loudly so I don't miss it "I want to worry, talking to someone always helps solve half the problem"

"and what happens to the other half?"

"That's not the point"

"I'm fine, just wanted some beer, that's all"

"Okay, If you say so" she gives up "can I have some beer too?" I smile. she's back to her usual self and its actually a relief.

"Guess what?" she tells me, the blush from earlier on back to her face.

"You're pregnant?" I laugh

"I am not pregnant" she's telling me still laughing "but at least now they're are chances that I may be" she adds with a coy smile

I stop laughing, and smiling. "You had sex?!" I shout.

Now she's the one laughing "not yet, but there are chances I might soon" that coy smile is back on her face

I am a terrible guardian.

"What are you saying?" I ask impatiently

"George and I are finally in a relationship!" She shouts excitedly

Thank you God! I was so afraid.

"Dont do anything crazy Priscilla, and seriously, do not get pregnant" I tell her.

"I know, I'm smarter than that. And" she drawls the 'd' "George is a good boy. We haven't even kissed yet"

"That's a relief" I'm talking to myself but judging by the sad expression on her face I know she hears me.

I don't like how it makes her feel that George hasn't gotten intimate with her yet, it's very obvious the way she reacts whenever it comes up, and i wish there was a way I could make her see these things were meaningless, especially at this point in her life. She's only a child.

"I'm going to get my phone" she stands up "have fun with your beer" she points at it and heads to her room

"I will"

I take another gulp of my cold beer. I think I'll be needing another bottle.