Chapter 12

"Aren't we a little too old to be throwing meaningless parties?" I ask Ana.

When I told Ana that Priscy was staying with my dad for the week she thought it was the perfect opportunity to have a girls weekend, or whatever it is she had called it.

She playfully puts her hand on her chest like she's genuinely hurt "it is not meaningless"

"I just don't see the need. Who throws a party just because they're concluding training?"

"Me. Us" she smiles "It's going to be fun" she says in a singsong voice "and it's the perfect way to reconnect with our friends from school" she adds

"I don't know Ana" I tell her sincerely

"Think about it. We still have time, but not too much time"

"Okay, fine. I'll think about it"

Ana has always been the party girl, not just in our friend group but in the entire school.
Its totally understandable that she wants to throw this party, it's her way of saying goodbye in her usual grand style.

She knows, we both know, there's no saying no to her.

"I heard Hannah's pregnant" she says out of the blues

I hadn't told any of my friend's about Sam's visit to the clinic. Not like I was keeping it a secret from anyone, I just didn't want to go over talking about it.

I can't even pretend to be surprised, because I'm not.

Ana notices my bland expression and as expected she begins to throw questions at me.

"Daniellaaaa, you knew!" She points a finger at me accusingly "since when have you known? Why didn't you give me the gist? Wait, hope you're not still seeing him. Daniellaa!"

"What?" I whine

"How long have you known?" She asks giving me a look I know too well.

"A couple of weeks" I say quietly

"Traitorr!" Ana and dramma.

"I just didn't see the need to tell you" I try to explain but now that its out of my mouth I realize how bad it sounds. "not like there's no need to tell you, I just didn't know how to. I couldn't bring it up. Anything related to Sam, I'll rather just not talk about it"

"You're not secretly still dating him, are you?"

"Of course not" I answer fast. Too fast she does not belive me.

"That's what tonight is about, spilling tea" she gives a side smile and throws some chips into her mouth "start spilling"

"Almost a month ago, Sam came to the clinic" I see her mouth open and I can't help but smile "he wanted me to help abort the baby" I continue

"The audacity of that dog"

"And that's how I knew she's pregnant"

"Is that how I give you gist? I wonder how I'm friends with such a boring person"

Now it's my turn to fake being hurt.

"I know that's not everything I'm missing out on. Priscy told me there's someone new"

That girl and blabbing my business every chance she gets.

"It's just a friend from work. More like ex friend now" I murmur the last part but she doesn't miss it.

I don't wait for her to ask before I start telling her.

"His name is Paul and he's a really great guy. Not like we're official or anything but we had gone out together once. I'm sure that's why Priscy has the wrong idea."

"Victor is cheating on me" she says it so casually at first I think it's a joke.

"What?" I'm too surprised to say anything else.

Victor and Ana have been together two years now and I can boldly say they are the 'it couple'. No one would ever imagine they were going through something like that.

"How long?" I ask

"I don't know. I'm not sure" she throws more chips in her mouth like we're talking about the weather and not her cheating boyfriend.

"Are you okay?" I ask

She smiles "I'm okay. I just felt you needed to know" she resumes eating her chips.

I can't belive Ana is going through this and yet she seems to be the happier girl alive.