Chapter 6: We Cherish

Beta'd by: The Blackened King

[]

[]

[]

Disclaimer: I don't own My Hero Academia and Dark Souls, both belongs to their respective owners, Kohei Horikoshi and FromSoftware respectively (Now I want to buy Baldur's Gate 3, but I'm broke (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

[]

[]

[]

Izuku remembered it like it was yesterday. A quick trudge through the poisoned swamps of Blight Town just to find the missing pyromancer, Laurentius of the Great Swamp...

His old paid master in the arts of pyromancy.

The last time he saw him, he was awed about the fact that he was learning from a witch of Izalith, his pyromancy having already ascended a great deal just from her teaching.

As well as a dozen thousand souls, no biggie.

If it was anybody else, Izuku would've lied about where he learned the advanced arts of pyromancy, but this was Laurentius, his old master. One who has helped him overcome the odds no matter how difficult.

He was sure that he wouldn't go mad or hollow in the quest of furthering his pyromancy arts.

Oh, how wrong he was.

Just remembering the scene brought a bitter smile to his lips, his carefree look and humming screeching to a stop as he reminisced.

The burns he received, the burns he dealt, the poison swamp he was forced to intake, the poison swamp he forced down the hollow's throat.

It was a grueling fight, one where he emerged victorious.

As he laid eyes on the corpse of his old master, he felt regret, shame, and pride. Even when driven to madness, he was one strong bastard. A person fit to hold the title of his master.

He knew it should be a sad moment, to be forced to kill his own master. But with how things went here in Lordran, this was nothing short of mercy.

Laurentius wanted to learn from Quelana, and he did. If he couldn't take it, like Izuku did, then it would be best to put him out of his misery before more harm was done.

Izuku chuckled bitterly.

'I guess this is why pyromancers are considered unsavory.'

[][][]

"... Dear God." All Might wanted to go to the nearest toilet and vomit his remaining lung. Just hearing the story from Izuku's lips made him want to rip his hair out and smash his head against the wall.

Imagining himself putting down his master, Nana, himself made him want to hurl and clench at his heart.

And Izuku went through all of that and came out... Well, not that sane, but still socially functional!

What's worse, it was just the fate of one of those he considered companions with one of the least tragic ends!

All Might didn't know what to do with Izuku, be he knew no amount of therapy would help the teen.

Not that the teen needed it since he had long come to terms with the clusterfuck that was Lordran.

"That is... An interesting story, Midoriya." Nezu hummed as his beady eyes held a glint of slight insanity within hidden beneath a posture of calm. "Detective Tsukauchi, anything you can say?"