Chapter 14: Decisions

Disclaimer: I don't own My Hero Academia and Dark Souls, both belongs to their respective owners, Kohei Horikoshi and FromSoftware respectively.

[]

[]

[]

Izuku was silent as he sat in the passenger seat of the car, a smile on his face as he leaned on the backrest. The music of the radio a welcome addition to his ears, his head bobbing up and down on the beat.

In the driver's seat, Inko kept her eyes glued on the road, though that didn't stop her from seldomly glancing at her son, a smile creeping up her face whenever she saw her son enjoying life.

When she heard about what had happened, her heart nearly stopped. The thought of losing her child again made her dash to her car in a mad attempt to race her way to the gates of U.A. High School. Thankfully, just as she was about to cause a headache for the police, she was knocked out of her dilemma when her phone rang.

A brief phone call later and that panic was replaced by fear and anxiety. Her baby was alive, not fine, but alive. He was stable and he was sure to live to see tomorrow. It was when she was shown a video detailing what had happened to Izuku and how he got it that the panic nearly returned.

But seeing him smile, even in the face of a loss of his limb snapped the panic right out of her. It made the car ride just a tiny bit bearable, however, that didn't mean her heart wasn't pounding at the thought of Izuku's lost leg.

And then she arrived and the rest is history. She might no longer worry about the immediate future of her son being legless, but that didn't make the worry she felt any lesser.

That, and the grudge she has with the rat didn't dissipate. Not even a tiny bit when the rat told her about his reasons why he decided to let Izuku continue on his self-destructive path to heroism instead of shutting down the damned robot when a life was in danger.

She sighed, the thoughts coalescing into one giant amalgamation of worry, anxiety, and dread, before she shoved it down deep into the recesses of her mind.

"Izu, honey..." Inko paused for a moment. Izuku looked at her from the side, curious as to why he was called. She bit her lip. "How are you feeling?"

"Never better." Izuku shrugged, not really feeling something off about his body. Anything that was in pain or was just a general bother was gone after he did whatever with that weird energy thing inside of him that wasn't pyromancy. He still needed to experiment with the energy, what with him being able to access it and flow it to different parts of his body and even out of it.

Maybe it worked like another form of pyromancy? But way deadlier? Or maybe more defensive? Can he do something along the lines of regenerating his limbs while in combat?

At that thought, a smirk floated on his face. 'It would be funny if my enemy cut off my arm, only for a regenerated arm to use the dismembered arm as a bludgeon.'

Food for thought.

"Is that so?" Inko hummed, taking her son's words to heart. He wasn't the kind to lie to her, at least, not after what happened to him a few months ago...

She shook her head, frantically getting the visions of her son's broken body on the ground... Blood seeping everywhere... God, blood was everywhere... And his eyes...

His eyes...

Her arms started trembling, the car slightly swerving side-to-side. Those lifeless eyes staring back at her... Judging her...

'Where were you?'

'I trusted you!'

'Mommy! Help!'

'It hurts... It hurts...'