Chapter 34: Tango in the Night

Izuku's grin didn't slip even with the pointy end of the blade nearly digging into his skin. His eyes tracked the impish smile of the teenage girl's face as her body slowly closed in.

"Hi! I'm Himiko! Toga Himiko!" Izuku blinked once while the girl's face came in close enough for him to smell the perfume that wafted all around her. "How about you? What's your name?"

"Izuku. Midoriya Izuku." Nonchalantly, Izuku let the blade dig into his skin for a bit, a drip of blood slowly trickling down his neck and soaking his shirt. "By the way, nice greeting. Could use a bit of work though."

He noticed the girl zero in on the trail of blood leaking down his neck, her throat bobbing back and forth as he heard the blond gulp. It was at that moment of inattention that Izuku swiftly grab the hand holding the knife and twisted it around, the girl yelping a bit at the suddenness of the action.

Props to her, however, she didn't let go, instead, did her best to try and stick the blade in him every time he tried to maneuver the blade away from his person.

"I like your hair!" She chirped. "I wonder how'd it look covered in blood!"

He wasn't scared of the girl. Far from it, in fact, as they danced around in this deadly play of theirs. All the while the two of them had on their faces the hints of a smile stretching to rip their face in half.

Izuku felt pressure on his knee, and a quick glance down showed Toga's foot repeatedly kicking at his leg. Eyes twinkling, Izuku barraged her with his own, legs trying to sweep the girl under her own weight.

It was fun. Playing around like this with sharp blades. When was the last time he did this? Just messing about in Firelink Shrine to keep the edge off. He was sure it was when Siegmeyer was still alive, and Solaire wasn't a depressed man that looked like he had his world broken.

He felt a tug at his lips downward, his chest feeling fuzzy at the thought of his one dead and maybe dead friends. Patches can go suck a mimic if he liked rooting through corpses so much.

"Hey! Pay attention to me! I want to see you bleed while looking at me!"

Tilting his head to the side, Izuku narrowly avoided the blade once more and pulled the girl close. Their nose touching, Izuku could feel every hot breath coming from the blond, her chest heaving up and down as her face turned a slight red.

"You..." Eyes to eyes, Izuku couldn't help but feel drawn into the sight. The madness creeping underneath the veil, the euphoria of having found a worthy target, the telltale signs of insanity taking over the mind. "I like you."

A grin etched on her lips, Izuku gave one back as he let all signs of civility drop. Smile turning wide with his pearly whites on full display.

He tightened his grip around the wrist of girl, eliciting another yelp from her, before he took the knife from her grasp, pointing the blade at the previous wielder directly in the eye.

Her pupils constricted, Izuku letting out a slow chuckle escape his lips as the girl stood hapless with the knife threatening to gouge her eye out if she so much as even twitched. That said, the grin on her face didn't leave. It instead grew an inch wider.

Izuku retracted the knife before delivering a headbutt towards Toga. The sound of a nose breaking was music to Izuku's ears and judging by the grin still present on her face, she was enjoying this as well.

Her hands gripped onto his neck, thumbs pressing against his windpipe to block his intake of air. Not that he paid any mind to the act. Izuku's used to operating without breathing for minutes.