Chapter 17: First Day (2)

Aizawa was not having a fun day. A week prior, they went through the usual entrance exam hell on grading the examinees, which was a bane for the underground hero's schedule.

His sleep schedule was fucked up as it is already, it doesn't need to get even worse.

But no, leave it to the RAT GOD to find a way to mess with him some more. Of all the students that could be placed in his class, he just had to get THE problem child of all problem children.

Izuku Midoriya, a.k.a. if-you-so-much-as-threaten-the-teen-with-expulsion-that's-going-to-get-taken-out-of-your-paycheck Midoriya. Damned RAT GOD and his wily ways of blackmail.

He needed his juice boxes for optimal energy output, damnit.

Groaning, Aizawa inched forward, the various students still roaming the halls looking confused at the vaguely caterpillar shaped hero. The new students, at least. Those who were a year higher ignored Aizawa's actions and went on with their day.

As he slowly got closer to class 1-A's classroom, a pit slowly formed in his stomach. It got worse when he heard a bunch of noise coming from said room. The closer he got, the more he made out that the noise were just in fact, laughter and a bunch of chatter.

Not a good first day in his opinion. They weren't taking this seriously enough. Hopefully, he'll be able to beat it out of them in the following months. That is, if he didn't expel one for being a hopeless hero candidate that somehow got in because he was lucky.

Now next to the doorway, Aizawa peeked in without being noticed. At least his stealth skills were still up-to-par. That was until he noticed Izuku looking at him with a grin, but the white-haired teen ignored him anyway as he continued chatting with the other teenagers in the room.

In fact, there was a brunette just right in front of him talking to the anomaly. A harsh way to call the teen that, but there just wasn't any other term that could fit Izuku.

'Well then, they've chatted long enough. Time to introduce myself.' Aizawa sighed and slowly stood up along with his bright yellow sleeping bag.

His visage brought pause to noise, silence prevailing amongst the incorrigible chatter amongst teenagers.

All the while Izuku smiled as he watched Aizawa rise to his feet. The brunette in front of of the, meanwhile, looked confused.

"Eight seconds. It took all of you eight seconds to quiet down when I entered the room." Aizawa suddenly intoned, causing the brunette to jump slightly as she twisted her head towards the black-themed man. "That's just not rational enough in our line of work. Get to your seats."

The growl in his voice echoed through the room and the teenagers not currently seated quickly made their way to their designated seats with hurried steps.

"My name is Aizawa Shota, your homeroom teacher." The black-themed man said aloud as he made his way to the teacher's desk. He then took out packets of gym-issued uniforms that were hidden just underneath the desk. "Now, before we continue with our regular sessions, put these on and meet me outside, in the track and field section of the campus."

His words left hanging in the air, Aizawa made his swift exit, all the while the teenagers looked at him flabbergasted and equal parts curious. Let them, they'll have their reality check soon enough.

As he exited the room, Aizawa inserted his right hand in his right pocket, fiddling with something hidden within.

"Your timer starts now." His whispers flowed through the wind, with nary a person around as his witness.