Chapter 18: A Quirky Test

"16 minutes and 25 seconds." A click of a button echoed through the open area. Aizawa then glared at the students who arrived and stiffened the moment his words came out of his lips. "That isn't just rational enough. For each second you spend not being at the scene of a crime, is a second a possible accident or death could occur."

"He ain't wrong tho." Izuku muttered as he got up from his spot, leaving an impression of his body amongst the flattened grass. He then sauntered up to the rest of his classmates who were all silent as they regarded their homeroom teacher with nervous gazes.

"Anyway, as for why I've called you here." Aizawa pocketed his stopwatch and grabbed a clipboard with a pen inserted within its pen holder. "We will be conducting a Quirk Apprehension Test to better determine the limits of what your Quirk can do."

"Uh, sir!" Ochako raised her hand and without even being prompted by their teacher, went off on her question. "What about the orientation?"

"As hero students, you have a limited amount of time to be trained by us pros before you all are put on the spot in the field." Aizawa scowled and grabbed a ball from his other pocket. "We don't have time for frilly niceties in the hero course, as such, I have deemed it important enough to get this test finished and done by the time homeroom is finished."

"But aren't you just a teacher? What about the principal?" The brunette continued. Good, a mind like that and she could no doubt be ready for the real thing in a year or two.

"Principal Nezu has given us teachers free reign on what to do with hour assigned classes, a sort of flexible learning practice that gives both the students and teacher time to have their obligations in their personal or career lives." Aizawa then threw the ball towards Izuku, who snatched it out of the air without even looking at it. "As for the test itself, do you all remember the physical tests your previous schools had you undergo?"

"You mean the push-ups, curl-ups thing?" Eijiro replied, foot tapping on the dusty ground at a rhythmic pace.

"Precisely. 100-meter dash, ball throw, side-steps, endurance running, all of which you have no doubt been told to do during PE class." Aizawa hovered his eyes at Izuku, who was gripping at the ball like it was a fascinating object of worth. "Midoriya, as the top scorer for the entrance exam, you will be the first to demonstrate."

"Oh, cool." Izuku gave the black-themed teacher a thumbs up.

"Step into the circle and when you're ready, throw the ball as hard as you can with your quirk." Aizawa motioned to the well-drawn circle on the ground. Izuku, seeing no excuse to not do so, quickly made his way to the circle with a pep in his step.

Once inside, Izuku stared back at Aizawa, who gave him a nod, and the rest of his classmates, who were eagerly waiting for the result. Frowning, Izuku rolled his eyes back to the ball in his grasp and hummed.

'Never did test my strength in Lordran. It was all just fighting.' Izuku briefly wondered how strong he was. Back in Lordran, all fights felt like his life was on the line. Even against the lowest of hollows, he never let his guard down. Especially against the dogs.

Fuck the dogs.

Cracking his neck, Izuku shrugged and put mental thought in the back if his head for now. Letting instinct take over, Izuku moved into a pose, before using all of his strength to throw the ball in his hand into the never-ending sky.

It never went back down.

'Huh... Guess that's how strong I am...' Izuku stared at the sky. Squinting further, he could see a tiny hole through a cloud the ball passed through. 'Wait, if that's how strong I am, then how strong is my gear to even compare to the kind of output I keep on using? Actually, how strong is my armor? It got a good beating from the likes of the Four Kings and Seath, and it didn't even make a dent... Patches better be giving back my gear when I find his sorry ass.'