Chapter 10: Conflict

Disclaimer: I don't own My Hero Academia and Dark Souls, both belongs to their respective owners, Kohei Horikoshi and FromSoftware respectively.

[]

[]

[]

As Izuku and Nezu, the mentally insane sapient beings, sat in silence, the pseudo-immortal teen of the duo couldn't help but think of what lied in store for him during the practical test.

Judging by how it is a hero school, one that gears its students for combat during the start of their career, Izuku kept on thinking about how to manage without his equipment.

'I can fight barehanded, no problem. Did that against good ol' Siegmeyer once? Fun times.' Izuku reminisced as he clenched both his hands. It was a fun fight, truly, with both Izuku and Siegmeyer laughing as they beat each other black and blue, while Trusty Patches looked on with amusement, his signature smirk plastered on his face. 'Or use Pyromancy and singe Patches again if he ripped me off... again. You know what? Maybe I should throw a fireball at him. Yeah, that sounds like a plan.'

It was a reprieve from the horrors they had faced in Lordran, and sometimes, bonding through good ol' fisticuffs was the key to long and lasting friendships. Sure, Solaire didn't like it, what with his main shtick being jolly cooperation, but there is no cooperation without mutual respect, something Izuku had a lot for the sun-themed knight.

Oh, how he missed his sunbro...

"Principal Nezu." Izuku suddenly called out to the animal in the room.

"Yes, Midoriya? Do you have a question?" The amalgamation of animals was all but waiting pleasantly for the words of the target of his curiosity.

"What will I do during the practical exam?" Izuku stared at the animal, Nezu's beady eyes not giving a hint as to what the dog-bear-rat hybrid was thinking.

"Now why would I go and spoil the fun?" Nezu chirped, his feet wearing oversized shoes dangling below the couch. "Apologies for using your past as a reference, but didn't you mention that you had to learn first-hand about the dangers of Lordran?"

"Hm? I didn't, though." Izuku tilted his head. Did he really mention that? His memory was spotty, but he would know if he mentioned something about Lordran to this hyper-intelligent animal.

"Ah, forgive me. I misused a word." Nezu waved his paws. "Allow me to rectify that. I meant to use the word 'imply'."

"What do yo- Oh, I get it." Izuku grinned, his teeth bared. "Sneaky rat."

"Please, call me RAT GOD." Nezu's words threw Izuku for a loop. "Yes, in all caps."

"... You know what? Alright, RAT GOD." Izuku shrugged, his smile still plastered on his lips.

"Ah, finally, a sensible being." Nezu clapped his paws together. "You have no idea how hard it is to get my colleagues to refer to me with my assumed title."

"I dunno, maybe they aren't insane like we are?" Izuku provided with a smirk.

"Hm, you have a point there, Midoriya." Nezu hummed. "I'll have to draft some plans; make them susceptible to my nagging."

Izuku snorted. "Good luck then, RAT GOD."

All over the campus, all the teachers felt a shiver rush down their backs. Their days of peace within the halls of U.A. High School was coming to an end.

All thanks to the pseudo-immortal teen who gave a suggestion for the insane amalgamation of animals.

As the two bonded over their bout of insanity, a knock was heard on the door.