Chapter 30: Battle Trials (End)

Right swing, duck. Left swing, tilt head to the right. Right uppercut, blast the fucker to the next day.

His threw his left hand forward and ignited the sweat covering his palm. What followed was a loud bang that interrupted lips' attack. Or at least, that's what Katsuki hoped.

A hard punch got him on the chin, teeth gritted as he felt the impact spread across the entirety of his face. Katsuki let out a groan, before he was tossed into the air from the sheer strength of lips' uppercut.

He spotted another swing and Katsuki immediately created explosions from his palms that shifted his rotation in mid-air, narrowly dodging lips' arm by a hair's breadth.

Not one to be outdone by the brawn-for-brains, Katsuki thrust both of his palms forward and pushed away the yellow-clad moron - his face said it all. Lips' even had drool dripping down his chin for fucks sake - while also adding a bit of an explosive flavor.

Fucker was sent flying to the nearby wall, served him right for getting a one up on him. But he didn't let his guard down. Not yet. He may have an ego the size of the Fuji Mountain, but stupid, Katsuki isn't.

He worked hard for his spot in the hero class, fucking damnit. The harassment and bullying not involved, there was a lick of sense he was spewing back to Izuku back when they were still middle schoolers.

You can't go anywhere without the strength to prove it.

Maybe that's why he always fixated on him. Because Izuku kept on dreaming without putting in the work. Always writing, always learning, but never doing. Sure, what he did was all levels of fucked up, but he did speak facts towards the nerd.

The quirkless bit was also an influence... Okay, it was a major influence as to why he was so harsh on him. Fucking quirk supremacy got into his head. He vowed it'd never happen again.

Which meant not being discriminatory against those with weaker quirks. His therapist made sure of that.

Fucking color changing quirk.

His attention was grabbed by Lips' slowly, but surely, dragging himself out of the crater he made in the wall, his face a mix of pain and anger. Mostly anger.

Smirking, Katsuki crouched low and pounced towards the struggling student, palms exploding giving him an extra boost in movement. He couldn't give him the time to recover, he still had to catch arms heading towards the paper mache bomb.

Even he had pity of a sort, no matter how little it is, and what ponytail had in store for arms made him shudder. Yeah, that's right, Katsuki fucking Bakugo, shudder.

That chick was not right in the head.

Hands stretched outwards; Katsuki prepared to give lips one big blast to knock him out for good. He also had to calculate the amount needed to make sure he didn't leave a grievous injury.

Brain working at rapid speeds, Katsuki gave off a self-satisfied smirk before he blew the fucker to kingdom come.

[][][]

Momo had some reservation as to her partner's... personality. They may have not met for that long, at most a day, really, but just observing him for a few minutes was enough to let her know something was very, very wrong with the ash blond teen.

He was quiet... Too quiet, and the way he talked with that gruff demeanor of his somehow stroke her as someone who was previously outgoing that turned introvert.

It was confusing.

But alas, she was not a nosy person, and even she had her secrets that she didn't want known to her friends... future friends... God, she hoped she could make friends here...