Chapter 32: First Contact

The room lay silent as students one and all stared at the exit door where their principal and homeroom teachers just exited not a moment ago. Kendo Itsuka, the class mom or so they called her, cleared her throat and looked her classmates.

"So, what do you all propose we do?" Itsuka's voice garnered the attention of her classmates who now started looking at her for guidance. "Guys, stop it. We're all in this together. Kan-sensei would've wanted us to work together to see who has the best potential to be our class rep."

"I say we put it to a vote!" A smug looking blond stood up from his chair and smirked. "What other way is it to be than a democratic vote? That way we know who holds more sway over our own class. That'll show 1-A who the superior class is."

"To be honest, what Sir Monoma has said is what I agree on most." A beastly looking student with glasses raised his hand. "Although his last statement left a lot to be desired."

"Monoma, please, not now." Itsuka sighed when she sighted class 1-A looking over their direction when Neito's voice echoed through the room. "Apologies, class 1-A, he has a bit of an... issue..."

"No problem." A white-haired freckled teen was the one who responded. Giving the teen a smile, she then regarded her own class, not before throwing a glare at Neito who looked unapologetic.

"So, I guess we all agree on a vote?" None of the class voiced their displeasure at the thought, and Itsuka smiled once more. "All right, to make sure this goes smoothly, I'll be presiding over."

Itsuka grabbed pieces of paper from within her bag and tore them into 20 equal pieces. She then gave each student a piece while reserving one for herself. Once that was all done, she headed to the front desk - there were two desks in front, one for each class - and sat on the chair provided.

"Kan-sensei said that we only had to choose the class rep and the vice rep, so write the names of those who think suit the role the most and the follow up will be the vice rep. After that, give me the papers and we'll count the tallies."

The instructions clear and concise, the students then began jotting down the names that would lead their class to greater heights. Silence overtook the room once more, their sister class also staying silent as they did the same as them, although the process to even get to democracy a bit noisy due to others wanting to be class reps themselves.

God, the purple midget, she wanted to punt him so badly. What kind of order was shortening the female uniforms' skirt? That was grounds for suspension via sexual harassment.

At least he got tongue-slapped by their frog-looking classmate. And if she squinted, she could see various other female students nodding approvingly at the action, not that it bothered the purple lech.

Good thing their class was organized and, unlike their sister-class, managed by their caring professor, Vlad King. Eraserhead was a different kind of hard ass, if the stories from the upperclassmen were anything to go by.

It took only the good half of ten minutes for everybody to be finished writing their choice. Coincidentally, their sister-class finished at the same time as well, something that didn't fly over well with Neito.

Itsuka could already feel the headache with her blond classmate.

One by one, her classmates deposited their piece of folded paper in front of her and went back to their seats. This repeated until all of their pieces of paper were sitting snugly atop the desk.

"Okay, I'll tally them up. Tokage, could you kindly double-check?" Itsuka gestured for her dark green-haired classmate to come right next to her. Just to make sure that there weren't any biases. Not that she was one.