Chapter 28: Battle Trials (5)

'Well, that was easy.' Izuku mused as he let go of Shoto's wrists. The half-colored teen slumped to the ground; eyes wide as he stared at him with his mouth agape. He turned around and went to check the flamboyant blond, who was cowering on the floor like trembling dog.

Ojiro, meanwhile, was literally conked out after a bad fall. Izuku sympathized with that. He didn't know how many times that happened to him in Lordran, but all he knew was that if that happened, it was an express way to go the last bonfire.

All in all, nothing too damaging happened. Maybe some bruised prides and egos, but they'll recover. At least, Izuku hoped they would, otherwise he had to beat them again just to let them know losing is a way of life.

Maybe even get beaten as well since he knew he ain't invincible. Who knows, maybe one of his classmates could pull a fast one on him.

"You good?" Izuku approached Yuga and held out his arm. Frenchie accepted it and he was hauled over to his feet with a graceful flourish.

"My thanks, mon amie." Yuga bowed and twirled, his glittery cape fluttering like stars in the night sky. "Monsieur, you truly are devious and unfathomable."

Izuku didn't know whether the blond was praising him or teasing him, so he settled on both and gave the blond a pat on the back.

"Good fight. Little bit of advice, don't rely on your quirk to fight." With his words, Izuku parted with Yuga and then headed back to check up on Ojiro. A closer look and he noticed that Ojiro was starting to stir, eyelids twitching rapidly.

It wasn't long after that the plain looking teen in a gi opened his eyes and stared at the menacing helmet looking at him with its expressionless mask.

Ojiro yelped and scrambled to his feet, arms raised, and legs posed. He blinked.

Izuku blinked.

Ojiro blinked once more. He looked around and saw that the building covered in frost with a giant hole on the roof providing them light, was punctured with holes in the walls.

"... What'd I miss?" Izuku laughed at the question and gestured towards both Yuga and Shoto. More specifically, the tape around their wrists. "... Damn... I missed out."

Izuku chortled once more and approached the downed Shoto, who was still looking at him with wide eyes.

"You good?" The same question and the same gesture given to Yuga was also given to the half-colored teen. But unlike the immediate acceptance of the blond, Shoto just stared for a few seconds, before standing up on his own.

Izuku shrugged at the decision and put his hand down. "All right. Anyway, we should probably go, All Might's probably waiting for us back in the observation room."

Yuga and Ojiro wordlessly nodded, but Shoto was already one step ahead of them. Following him, Yuga balked as they descended the building via the sloped-out steps, some of the giant boulders of debris pushed away by Izuku whenever they came near them.

The same could be said for the other traps Izuku had laid within the building in reference to Sen's Funhouse. Let it be known that Izuku was a sharing type of person, and he wasn't afraid to share his grievances of that damned funhouse to those he considered friends and enemies.

It took a long, few minutes of silent walking before they were finally out of the dark and frosty building. Once out, they immediately headed back to the observation room, with Izuku and Ojiro taking the lead, and Yuga and Shoto trailing back.

Izuku didn't hear anything from the two, so they were both silent, unlike Ojiro, who kept on looking at him while trying to open his mouth, then closing it again.