Chapter 23: Opening Act

'Well, my introduction was blown out of the water with what All Might did.' Izuku mused with a grin as he watched All Might enter through the door like a "normal" person. Chest out and body leaning into the room, with his hands tightly gripping the sides of the doorway.

It was one helluva entry.

The room fell silent as the students stared incredulously at the number 1 pro hero, but once he took a single step towards the teacher's desk, they burst into action.

"Yooooo!! All Might's our hero studies teacher!?" Eijiro fanboyed with his shark-teeth on full display.

"This is gonna be awesome!" Denki couldn't suppress the smile from creeping up his face like an incoming tide. If one looked even closer, they could spot subtle sparks forming around his body.

"Spark plug, calm down a bit. My jacks are getting jitters." Kyoka shivered slightly as a current of weak electricity jolted through her jacks and down her spine, courtesy of the lightning-themed student beside her.

"Oops, sorry." Denki sheepishly scratched his cheek as he forcefully calmed his raging fanboy side.

"As expected from U.A., they really are serious about our education." If Izuku squinted his eyes, he could see Tenya shedding a tear.

"AHAHAHAHAHA! NOW THEN, WELCOME TO HERO STUDIES, OR AS I'D LIKE TO CALL IT, HEROING 101." All Might stopped right at the teacher's desk and flashed the class his signature grin, his pearly whites glinting underneath the light. "AND OUR TOPIC FOR TODAY: COMBAT!"

All Might held out a card with a logo of a fist smack dab right in the center. This got the class to quiet down for a moment, before vigor brought their excitement right back up.

"Finally!" Katsuki grinned devilishly while smacking the palm of his hand with his fist.

"Uh... have to ask if this is safe... This is some advanced stuff..." Ochako weakly whispered while touching the tips of her index fingers.

"I'll have to agree with Ochako-chan, kero." Tsuyu placed a finger under her chin, not hearing Ochako blubbering like a fish while whispering "Ochako-chan" to herself.

Izuku was proud of his ears.

"Isn't this a little too advanced for us, kero?" Tsuyu's question silenced the class while All Might nodded approvingly at the frog girl.

"A good question, young Asui." All Might placed the card back on the teacher's desk before his voice boomed across the room once more. "AS HEROES, IT IS OUR DUTY TO ALWAYS BE READY IN CASE A DASTARDLY VILLAIN DECIDES TO CAUSE HAVOC AMONGST THE COMMON POPULACE. AS SUCH, COMBAT TRAINING HAS ALWAYS BEEN A STAPLE IN HERO CURRICULUM, AND HOW DO WE GET THE MOST RESULTS? SIMPLE! PIT YOU AGAINST EACH OTHER IN A CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENT WHERE ACCIDENTS ARE LESS LIKELY TO HAPPEN!"

Izuku could faintly hear Nezu's cackling coming from his office. 'RAT GOD made him say it, didn't he?'

At least the rest of the class roared as they cheered for All Might.

"ONE LAST THING BEFORE WE START." All Might grabbed a remote and clicked on a button. "WHAT SELF RESPECTING HERO DOESN'T HAVE THEIR OWN CUSTOM MADE COSTUME!?"

The wall just beside the board hissed and rotated once All Might tapped on the remote, showing lockers with numbers ranging from 1 - 20 painted on the front. Most of the students squealed, yes, even the boys, and nearly rushed for the lockers to lay their eyes on their costume.

"REMEMBER, LOOKING GOOD IS ALSO ONE FACTOR OF BEING A HERO. HOW ELSE CAN YOU CALM DOWN CIVILIANS IF ALL THEY SEE IS A GUY WEARING NORMAL CLOTHINGS? THEY MIGHT EVEN THINK YOU'RE VILLAINS, SUCH IS THE IMPORTANCE OF A HERO COSTUME." All Might waves his right hand with his grin still on full display. "BUT NEVER FORGET PRACTICALITY. CAN'T SAVE SOMEONE IF YOU ARE UNDER-EQUIPPED, AFTER ALL. BUT ENOUGH OF THAT, MEET ME IN GROUND BETA ONCE YOU'RE ALL DONE CHANGING. WE'RE ON A CLOCK, SO PLEASE HURRY."