Honor

"You said Hilltops safe." Rick began after a long period of tense silence. He was speaking to Dwight after spending the quiet time thinking. A quick plan wasn't possible in a situation like this. A quick plan could get them all killed. What they'd do to get themselves out of that tunnel had to be planned out, it had to be smart.

Dwight was seated on the hard concrete by himself, keeping his distance from everyone for good reason. He wasn't welcome, he felt it. With each bomb that went off above, the thicker the tension became. And they were all looking at him with blame. He was in a very uncomfortable position to say the least.

"Yeah." The blond nodded his head, holding his shot arm. The pain from the bullet graze was a good distraction from the heated glares Tara was throwing his way. "We need to get everybody there. We can make it on foot by morning if we go now." Rick stood beside his husband, beside the cot the kids were still sharing.

Glenn had made his way closer to the front of the tunnel, waiting impatiently for the attack to be done. Dwight stood up slowly, his eyes growing big at the leader's idea. "They think all of you got away in the woods. They're out there, looking." He shook his head showing how bad he thought the move would be.

"They saw us go west, so we won't go west." Tara joined the small group forming closer to Rick, ready to plan a way out. "Your best chance is to stay here until they're gone." Dwight looked at Tara, pushing aside the animosity just long enough for them to hear him out.

"No." Daryl shook his head, "They find us here, we're dead." He stated for certain. Rick looked back at the kids, then to the side at Moon. The short man's eyes had already been on him, he was leaning back on his good leg, arms crossed over his chest just listening.

Rick's head tilted as they stared at one another. The group had yet to notice they lost their leader's focus. They continued speaking and Rick was listening, his eyes were just elsewhere.

"They're almost done. They gotta be. It wasn't about destroying this place. They don't have the ammo for that." A crashing sound echoed through the tunnel after a minute of nothing. The explosions were starting to space out, proving Dwight's words to be true.

"After they let up, after they're gone, that's when we go." The small space shared another silence after hearing Dwight's short plan. The people looked to Rick for an answer. The blue eyed man felt their glances, he thought about it for a moment.

Moon gave his husband a slight nod, one only Rick caught onto. He sighed a small breath before turning his attention back to the formed group, nodding his head in approval. "We wait." The only option they had was to wait, but they couldn't stay down there for much longer.

There was no food or water and the air was hard to breathe with the amount of people fitting into the dirty space. The other passageways down there were either closed off or filled with inches of filthy water.  

Dwight shifted a bit, looking at Rick with clear skepticism. Rick had his hand on his hip, just waiting for the traitor to open his mouth. "You sure going to Hilltop's the best plan?" Dwight asked slowly, feeling the glares he was earning. "You got a better one?" Rick shrugged his shoulders, waving his hand out in annoyance.

"So sassy." Moon muttered under his breath, taking in the stance his partner unknowingly took. The short man bit back a smile, knowing now was not the time or place to find his husband so attractive.

Dwight dropped his eyes before looking back up, a muffled bang went off once more. "All of you in one place, together..." He started but Daryl was quick to correct his tone. "All of us together." His voice was low and sure. "We'll be their worst damn nightmare."