Chapter 4

5 years later:

Alot of things changed in these five years. Jimin's and Jungkook's friendship wasn't as strong as before. Jimin found his mates, hoseok and yoongi. Jungkook started working in his father's company and most of all, he found his mate too.

Kang hyejin. A beautiful omega. Kind,soft,gentle, respectful. Everything jungkook once wanted in a mate. The only problem is, hyejin is not him. She doesn't have those pretty moles, she doesn't have that boxy smile that jungkook loves. She doesn't have that mischievousness in her eyes, she's just not him.

Jungkook met hyejin 2 years after his last encounter with taehyung. He didn't feel those sparks, those goosebumps, those butterflies he's supposed to feel when he should look at his mate. He stood gazing her arms that were wrapped around him, his soulless eyes just looking at her without any emotions, that hyejin didn't notice because she was just happy to have found her mate.

These past 5 years, there wasn't a single day jungkook didn't think about taehyung, his last encounter with him. How he spoke those harsh words that he didn't mean. But that's what he was supposed to do right? He should be loyal to his mate. His mate, that he hasn't even touched once, never hugged her, never kissed her, never felt any desire to do so.

' how can I touch her? She's not you'
' how can I feel something for her when you occupy every inch of my being?'

These were the thoughts that were in his mind whenever he was close with hyejin. But hyejin was really respectful, she never forced him to touch her, be romantic with her, do things that mates do, it seems like she was just happy with him being her mate. Jungkook was thankful that she respects his personal space. He's also aware that it's not fair to her, that her mate is in love with someone else. He was going to reject her but Jimin changed his mind. Their friendship hasn't been the same ever since.

Flashback:

" I can't jimin, you know I can't. It's not fair to her, it's also not fair to myself, being with her while I'm in love with someone else, she deserves better" jungkook said.

" But why? Why can't you love her? She's the perfect mate, what's so special about that human you love?"

" He feels like home,jimin. Love is not something that I can control, I can't choose who I want to be in love with, I don't regret falling for him. How can I? He makes me feel things I've never felt, it might sound stupid since I'm really strong and I can protect myself but he makes me feel safe, jimin. He makes me feel like I can be myself around him. That he won't judge. When I see him, I feel comfort, he was my comfort person jimin, i can't just let go so easily, I don't think I'll ever be able to love her."

" You have no choice jungkook. You know your parents don't you? When they find out that you love someone that's not your mate, and also a human, you know what will happen. I'm just looking out for you. You can't reject hyejin because of a human because you know you'll never be able to be with him, you know the odds jungkook, and also I don't think he'll accept you now."

" Jimin..."  jungkook whispers " you're the only one I had left Jimin, are you going to do this too? Can't you just support me on this Jimin? But I know that's too much to ask, I know that you won't." Jungkook chuckles but his eyes were filled with tears.

" Koo...." Jimin whispers brokenly " this is for your own good" he whispers again but there was no one to listen to him this time as jungkook had already left.

" I'll have to keep you away from him, to keep him safe, even if you hate me for it."