Chapter 27

As he enters his car, he notices that J has been exceptionally silent, didn't he want them to makeout so bad? He was expecting J to be squealing but instead he's silent. But soon as J speaks, Jungkook wishes that J should've just remained silent instead of dropping this bombshell on him.

" I didn't want to disturb you guys but um- he's our mate" J says it so casually as if its no big deal while jungkook feels like his heart will stop, from happiness or fear, he doesn't know. He parks the car on the side of the road instantly.

" W-what?" He says shocked.

" Taehyung is our mate, Jungkook. I felt the bond when you guys kissed." J says excitedly.

" Why are you so excited?" Jungkook holds his head, feeling anxious.

" You aren't happy?"

" I-I am, but him being our mate will ruin everything, J. We will ruin him" Jungkook says, his eyes teary.

" We won't." J assures even though he himself is not sure about anything. Will they really ruin him?

" Taehyung is worth it, Jungkook. He's worth the risk."

" Not when the risk means him losing his life!" Jungkook says angrily. " Why is it so hard for you to understand??"

" Jungkook, look. The human and hybrid mates are really rare, the last people to be mates like this were decades ago, we know nothing about what went on between them or even the couples in the past, we don't know why the humans ended up dying, we only have assumptions."

" But the assumptions have a strong base as well! It cant be a coincidence that almost everyone like us who had a human mate, their mate ended up dying, it can't be a coincidence, J. I can't let taehyung be in the risk" Jungkook says anxiously, his heart beating fast.

" What are you going to do?" J scoffs. " Distance yourself from him again like you did years ago? Right after kissing him and getting his hopes up? If yes then you are an asshole Jeon Jungkook. You shouldn't have come in his life again if you were planning to do the same shit again. I'll personally assure that you don't live anymore if you pull some shit like that again." Jungkook stays silent because he knows that J was right, he was thinking about distancing himself again, which is in no way fair to taehyung.

" H-he doesn't even know our real identity, will he accept us?" His voice breaks, a few tears flowing down his cheeks and J's heart hurts at the condition of his human.

" I have a hunch he will, and about the human mates dying thing, we will go to namjoon, his father has vast knowledge about the ancient mates. No offense but jimin believes everything he hears without digging deeper, so we should go to namjoon and his father." Jungkook nods, wiping his eyes.

" And besides, your love for taehyung is pure. And the proof is that you loved him way before knowing that he is your mate, most people like us love other people just because they're our mates, because that's what's expected of us, but you loved taehyung unconditionally, not even having an idea of him being your mate, so your love is real Jungkook. And I'm sure it will all work out." J assures and jungkook smiles softly, his heart feeling a bit lighter and feeling grateful for his adorable wolf who has always supported him.

" You're right, this time I won't run away from, tae. Let's go to Namjoon." Jungkook says determined, driving to Namjoon's place.

" J?" Jungkook smiles.

" Yeah?"

" I love you." Jungkook says softly.

" Ewwww" J fake gags. " Yeah yeah love you too or whatever."

Jungkook can imagine J rolling his eyes but he knows his wolf loves him as much as he loves his wolf. No other wolf will be this supportive of his decisions, even when thinking hyejin was thier "mate." No wolf would leave their mate because of their human but J did even though hyejin turned out to not be his mate but they didn't know that. Jungkook really adores J.

______________________________________

Plot twist?
Do vote<33