The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride (Part 2)

After arriving back at Pride Rock, it was now early dusk and everyone was heading into the den for a good night's sleep. However, Simba refused to let Kovu inside the den by growling at him as he walked past him and entered the den at the same time. You watched and detested Simba's actions, unbefitting for a king.

To make Kovu feel better, you chose to sleep outside, but you slept against the base of the ledge. Kiara saw this and walked over to you first, wondering what's up.

Kiara: "You know, there's plenty of room inside of the den, so why sleep out here instead?"

Y/N: "It's your father, dear. It may have been hard for him, knowing he could've lost you, but that's no excuse for him ban you from being your own lioness when you've barely even started on your first hunt and you should know I'm here for you, too. But... I'll only show up when you feel you need me or even ask me."

Kiara: *understanding* "I get it. Thanks, Y/N."

Y/N: "You're welcome. Goodnight, Kiara."

You hug her lion style before she heads over to Kovu, who's laying in the shadow of a boulder.

Kiara. "Hey, thanks for saving me today."

Kovu: *scoffs, scolds and mocks her* "What kind of hunter are you anyway, princess? You almost got yourself killed out there."

Kiara: "What?"

Kovu: "You wouldn't last 3 days on your own."

Kiara: *sassy* "Oh, and I suppose you can teach me?"

Kovu: *confidently* "Yeah."

Simba: "Kiara!"

Kiara: *to her father* "Coming!" *cuts off Kovu* "Alright! Impress me, we start at dawn." *walks into den*

Kovu: *chuckles* "I look forward to it."

While this is all happened, two lions and a lioness watched from atop a tree branch and the young, sickly one splutters in disbelief at what he saw just now.

Nuka: "Did you see that? He let her GO! If that were me--"

Scar: "SILENCE!!! *Nuka ducks*

Zira: "Yes, the fire rescue worked perfectly and Simba fell for it... now, the closer Kovu gets to the daughter, the closer he gets... to Simba... and that meddling fool, Y/N."

Nuka then understands what his mother means about that.

Scar: "And you can guess what'll happen once he gets each of them alone in separate places. Care to demonstrate, Zira?"

Zira: "With pleasure..."

Then, as she raises her paw, she snarls and swings her paw and snaps off a thick branch from the tree, which Nuka ducked to avoid getting hit, fearing his mother's strength.

Later on during the night, Simba tosses and turns in his sleep as he has the most horrible nightmare of all

[Simba's dreamscape]

Simba is seen running towards the gorge and hears the cries for help of his father and he rushes to see him clinging to the gorge walls, trying to climb up to safety, away from the stampede.

Dream Mufasa: "Simba!!! SIMBA, HELP ME!!!

Simba: "FATHER!!!"

Just then, the two lions hear a maniacal laugh behind them and see the silhouette of Scar, laughing at their struggle.