Beauty and the Beast (Part 2)

It's the middle of the night, just after Christmas and at this very moment, in a humble village some time away from the castle, a meeting is taking place at the local tavern. Inside the tavern, there are three men, Gaston, the hulking, egotistical hotshot hunter, LeFou, a short, chubby guy who praises the hunter... and an elderly, sickly-looking, sinister man who's known infamously as the town Warden.

Warden: "I don't usually leave the asylum in the middle of the night, but he said you'd make it worth my while."

Gaston guzzles down his mug of beer before handing over a sack of gold coins to make good on his promise.

Warden: *inspects coin approvingly* "Ah, I'm listening."

Gaston: *whispers* "It's like this. I've got my heart set on marrying Belle, but she needs a little... persuasion."

LeFou: *snickers* "Turned him down, flat."

The little guy goes to take a sip of his beer, but Gaston elbows him, getting his face stuck inside of the mug.

Gaston: "Everyone knows her father's a lunatic. He was in here tonight, raving about a beast in a castle."

Warden: *being logical* "Maurice is harmless."

Gaston: "The point is... Belle would do anything to keep him from being locked up."

LeFou: *pulls mug off face, chuckling* "Yeah, even marry him." *points to Gaston*

Gaston turns to his little wise-cracker and is about to whack him, but LeFou flinches and covers his head with a mug.

Warden: "So, you want me to throw her father into the asylum, unless she agress to marry you?"

Gaston doesn't say anything, but flashes a grin, folding his arms while LeFou nods eagerly.

Warden: *ashamed* "Oh, that is despicable." *chuckles, grinning sinisterly* "I LOVE IT!"

Back at Maurice's house, the desperate father is scampering around gathering all of his necessities for his trip.

Maurice: "If no one will help me, then I'll go back alone! Yes, is that everything? I don't care what it takes. I'll find that castle and somehow, I... I'll get her out of there."

Now fully prepared, the man leaves his home and closes the door, making his way into the dark forest just as Gaston arrived at the house to come and get him, but couldn't find him.

Gaston: "Belle! Maurice?"

LeFou: "Ah well." *laughs* "I guess it's not gonna work after all."

As he turns to leave, Gaston grabs him by the neck and lifts him up into the air as Gaston walks out of the house.

Gaston: "They have to come back sometime. And when they do, we'll be ready for them. LeFou, *sets him down in snow* don't move from that spot... until Belle and her father come home."

The jerk then hitched a ride on the carriage, leaving with the warden while Lefou is forced to stay behind and possibly collect snow and catch his own frozen death.

LeFou: *frustrated* "Ah nuts!" *hits watermill*

Hitting the watermill made a pile of snow fall on top of him, burying him in a thick blanket of snow, the poor fool.

[Back at the castle]

It was a beautiful day at the castle and Belle was talking her horse, Phillippe for a little morning stroll in the snow. Then suddenly, animate foot stool (or dog) comes running out, barking happily and jumps into a pile of snow before shaking it off. He barks again and goes to Belle, who holds her arms out for him. She laughs and pulls in the little cutie for a big hug, which melted your heart.