Chapter 31

**non proofread**

** few months later**

Third Person POV

Things that happened months ago was like a dream where most of the people working in the hospital were not able to recall the incident; as if both Ash and Brianne were not there and nothing ever happened. Everything that got magnetized were functioning back the very second the majestic Moon projected the light.

Ash and Brianne were back in their rooms not able to recall anything happened a day before and went on with their lives as usual. Both Ash and Brianne did felt weird because their cheek was wet when they woke up the next day.

Ash went on her lives solving some of those cold cases which were unable to solve years ago and the issue of human trafficking with the help of Lauren. Ash has been working hard everyday without much sleeps but she felt contented every time a case was solved; victims was rescue from the human trafficking cartel and the family of the victims from those cold case can finally find the closure they had been waited so long. Ash did went back to the Kingdom to visit her friends and mentor without anyone mentioning anything about the incident.

As for Brianne, she seems to be happier now and she did not encountered any heart pain nor headache ever since that night. She was not as hardheaded as previously in rejecting her suitor's advancement where she did went on dating with a few of the doctors she met during the medical convention she attended a few months ago in Paris and United States of America. Her friends and family were happy that Brianne finally allowed herself to be happy and to be able to find her happiness once again.

**Christmas Eve**

Brianne POV

"So, who is the mysterious man you are planning to bring home tonight?" Taylor asked while sitting at the corner of my bed.

"How many times I had told you, there isn't anyone," I said while adjusting my dress for work.

"What? Aren't you with the guy from US who is a heart surgeon? Or was it the guy from the Pediatric department?" Taylor asked in shock.

"Mmm.. well, we are just friends and yes they did ask me to be their girlfriend BUT I rejected" I said while applying my lipstick.

"I thought by going out on dates and allowing yourself to try to be with someone so that you can finally find a person who can make you happy, Bri?" Taylor said feeling sad when knowing that her sister hasn't changed much.

"I did try and did went on dates. I admit that they are good guys and some of them are funny and make me happy when I am with them but all these men don't give me the feelings of having a bunch of butterflies flying in the stomach when we kiss" I said looking at Taylor trying to explain things to her. "I can't just go with someone trying to be happy with them when my heart doesn't want it and not having the feeling of love in a relationship will make the situation worse. I don't want to commit to something that I am not able to confirm. Anyway, I am late and just forget about what we discussed. See you tonight" I said then kissed my sister's head and grabbed my bags then walked out from my room towards the house entrance and to my car.

The drive to the hospital was slow and traffic was as busy as usual. It took me 50 minutes to reach the hospital. Once I parked my car, I carried my bags and walked into the hospital lobby and towards the elevator hall.

"Good morning Dr. Howey. Hot cappuccino?" a guy greeted me with a smile while handed me the cup of coffee.

"Ermm.. Good Morning and thank you" I give him a fake smile then took the cup of coffee from him.