He'll kill me

Tom's pov:

I looked at Scarlett. She looked dead inside almost. So much paler than usual. He hair was a mess and I could see the blue and purple veins through her fragile skin ln her hands. She leaned in and kissed Bill. I watched her as her whole body got less tense and she forgot the pain Bill had just caused her. It pained me to see her get treated like that and not stop loving him. But then again, I did that myself didn't I?
The news that she was pregnant had my heart cracking into pieces. I don't know what I was thinking when we had sex. I don't know what my plans with her was at the time. All I know, is that those twins were supposed to mine and not Bill's. In my fantasy of course.
In the real world, I couldn't get that could I?

They stopped kissing.

"Why be sad? You're gonna be a mom! Be happy!" Bill said enthusiasticly. She didn't look pleased. She looked scared.
I looked at Bill like I was able to look through him. Right in that moment, I could have strangled him if it wasn't for my self control.

"I'm scared Bill." Scarlett said quietly. The words made me soften up. I wish I was able to hold her in my arms and tell her it's all gonna be okay. But Bill did that instead of me.
He pulled her in for a hug and I saw her eyes closing. He whispered something in her ear and then sat down on the couch with her. She looked tired and pale. She looked worried and overwhelmed and all I wanted to do was rip her out of Bill's comforting hold and take her as my own to protect. I would love her and neevr hurt her. I would never force anything on her or make her do anything. I would love and protect her better than Bill ever could.
But what about Taylor and Bill?

Scarlett pov:

Bill held me tight against him. I could feel his warmth which comforted me but also scared me. I hated how quickly I was able to let go of all the bad things he did just to please myself. I laid a hand on my stomach trying to see if I could feel the babies. I knew they were there but I couldn't actually feel them yet. They were too small. But I could somehow feel that they were there. That something was alive inside me.

"Thinking of names yet?" An angry Josephine said from behind me. I looked back at her, Bill still holding me tight. She looked jealous and I could never understand why. Did she want Bill too? I mean I can't blame her, but she knows Bill has me and only wants me.
That was something I still was trying to understand fully. But he can't just ditch me now that he wants the babies right?

"No, I just woke up." I said back with a venomous undertone which apparently indicated war on her. She frowned and left the room with stomping heels. Before she closed the door she turned around and said: "Well maybe you should if you're gonna have two of them and probably more to come, you whore!" She shouted and slammed the door.
I sighed of relief and rested my head on Bill's warm shoulder.

"I see what you mean." Bill said with a slight smile. I looked up at him. His eyes looked down at me with a friendly gist. Something I hadn't seen before. And I couldn't figure out if it was temporary, a scene or actually real emotiom showing.

"How do you feel now you're awake?" He asked, still smiling friendly. The smile made me want to say "better than ever Bill", but I decided to tell him the truth.

"I feel strangely numb. Probably because I have slept for so long. These don't hurt as much anymore but still a little..." I started and gestures to my arms and hand.
"And it feels very strange knowing that there's two living humans inside me right now, but alos kinda... good?" I said almost as a question. I wasn't really sure how I felt. Well I felt like throwing up really. And that just got worse by the minute. And eventually I had to run to the bathroom and throw up while Bill was nice enough to hold my hair back.

"Morning sickness is starting I can see." He said with pity but also happiness. Maybe he really wanted to be a dad?

"I'm so excited for it to go away already." I said with my face still half into the toilet.

"Do you maybe feel good enough to finally get out of this hospital? You must get tired of this soon." Bill said as he helped me stand up on my weal legs. I washed my face and Bill gave me a piece of gum.

"Could I get a smoke instead?" I asked and looked at him with puppy eyes. A smoke was really all I needed right there. But he looked at me with his eyebrows wrinkled and confusion in his eyes.

"You're pregnant. You can't smoke anymore Scarlett." He said.

"Oh." I said and turned my face away. I really hadn't expected that. Why did he suddenly care about that? I don't even care myself.

"And you seriously need some real food and some water, you look like a ghost. That can't be good for the babies." Bill said and took my hand to walk back to the break room where Josephine seemed to be back and was arguing loudly with Tom.

"TOM!" Bill shouted which made them both quiet and look at us.

"Get her some fresh clothes that fits her and a good chicken salad or something healthy." Bill said. Tom took one last evil stare at Josephine before he walked out of the room.
But I followed him out. It was my chance to tell him that one of he babies is his.
Bill let go of my hand and I went outside the door and grabbed a hold of Tom.

"One of the babies is yours." I said quietly and very straight forward. At first he looked confused. Then surprised. And then happy. A big smile formed across his face, pulling on his eyes and nose just the way I like it.

"How?" He asked, confused yet excited.

"I don't know. The doctor told me. I could see both of them on the screen." I said, a small smile pulling on my lips too.

"But what do we do? We can't let Bill know. He'll kill me. And probably you too. And the babies." He said, his smile turning into worry and fear.

"I guess he just can't find out then. I mean you are twins. We won't be able to tell that one of them looks more like you than Bill." I said, trying to sound like I wasn't freaking out internally.
His smile then came back and he took a deep breath. He took my hands in his and looked deeply into my eyes.

"I love you and I'll help you the best I can along the way." He said before turning around and running towards the exit.

...